so, i put some new Ernie Ball (12-52) on my acoustic
guitar yesterday, but the string ends were pissing
me off, so i cut them off today, and my ****ing E slipped
off the peg, this ALWAYS ****ing happens, every pack of
strings i buy, the E is ****ed. Does this happen to anybody
else? Do you have any tricks to stop it from slipping?
Quote by CityKid
so, i put some new Ernie Ball (12-52) on my acoustic
guitar yesterday, but the string ends were pissing
me off, so i cut them off today, and my ****ing E slipped
off the peg, this ALWAYS ****ing happens, every pack of
strings i buy, the E is ****ed. Does this happen to anybody
else? Do you have any tricks to stop it from slipping?

Do you wrap them around the ends? Obvious, but it happens.
Sure do and I use it on all my acoustics - at least on the G, B and E strings. After you pull the string through the hole, run it CCW back around the post, under where the string enters the peg and then pull it straight up. Start winding the string and this will lock it in place and stop string slippage. In order to do this correct and get the correct string length, I initially pull the string taught through the hole and extend it. Mark a spot slightly past the next tuner, then push the string back through the hole to this marked spot. This will give you enough slack.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Sure do and I use it on all my acoustics - at least on the G, B and E strings. After you pull the string through the hole, run it CCW back around the post, under where the string enters the peg and then pull it straight up. Start winding the string and this will lock it in place and stop string slippage. In order to do this correct and get the correct string length, I initially pull the string taught through the hole and extend it. Mark a spot slightly past the next tuner, then push the string back through the hole to this marked spot. This will give you enough slack.

this is genius!
THANK YOU!
Quote by Austyn6661
Do you wrap them around the ends? Obvious, but it happens.

well i usually get them up to tension and
stretched out before trimming the ends
off, and i give it at least 1.5 turns, because
i don't have a string winder, but i figured
it wouldnt slip past that point =\