Hey, I Just Got iLife for my iMac. I tried to install it on the computer by inserting disc. When I insert the disc, though, it doesn't appear on the desktop or anywhere on the computer. It should appear on the desktop, Shouldn't It? Like a Flashdrive. I am confused and getting ticked really quickly. Is it the cd-drive? Please help me.
It's because you're using a Mac.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Mootallica
It's because you're using a Mac.

Have you navigated to the cd drive or just waited to see if it showed up on the desktop?
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kylepianoman

I have a PC and it blows. It breaks about once every 6 months. And this is the first problem i have every had with a mac.
Quote by Haustinj
I have a PC and it blows. It breaks about once every 6 months. And this is the first problem i have every had with a mac.

You're obviously doinitwrong.
Did you read the manual that came with the program? There may be a different way you have to do it. Try restarting, too. That tends to work for me most of the time.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by lzcougarz3
You're obviously doinitwrong.

+1

I have yet to have 1 problem on my computer ever
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
NAVIGATE to the cd drive, just waiting for it to pop up isnt going to do anything.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by Tempoe
Are you putting a DVD into a CD drive?

its the drive that came installed. I can try a couple normal CD's.
i just tried a copy of the Beatles: Past Master Volume 1 and it didn't work but i actually heard the drive spin
Have you tried to navigate to the cd?

Have you??
Quote by Primus2112

iDon't know. iDon't think i could help you. iWould go to the cd drive and see if anything pops up.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC
iDon't know. iDon't think i could help you. iWould go to the cd drive and see if anything pops up.

iSee what you did there.
Quote by lzcougarz3
"Macs just work."

I love that you have to wait for someone to ask a question about such a terribly minor and isolated problem to whip out that fucking gem of a joke. Seriously, how long have you been waiting to throw that one out there?

You're just so clever and witty.
You're*
Open finder and in the devices list (the left paenl) there should be a label with the cd/dvd's name. If there isn't, your drive is ****ed.
Quote by Survivalism
I love that you have to wait for someone to ask a question about such a terribly minor and isolated problem to whip out that fucking gem of a joke. Seriously, how long have you been waiting to throw that one out there?

You're just so clever and witty.
Come now, Apple dug their own hole there.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Come now, Apple dug their own hole there.

Yeah because you can totally predict hardware failures...
Quote by Freddedonna
Failures do happen, and when you coined the phrase "It just works" it's pretty obvious people are going to have a laugh when things don't work.
Quote by Freddedonna

wait.... so they can't?

BUT ITS APPLE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! they can do anything!

/sarcasm
KLH & KGB
11/28/09