Hey guys I got a bass audition coming up and I have no clue what to play

so can anyone who has done it before help me out or anyone tell me some good songs that will win the judges over

if the band plas covers play one of there covers, or better yet learn one of their orginals
Depends on what you're feeling and what kind of band you're auditioning for. If they're playing some modern style music, then as long as you can keep up and play some steady eighth notes your fine.

If its a bit different however, the possibilities are endless. I got into the band I'm in now by improvising, they'll really appreciate your creativeness and they'll know that you actually have some skill as opposed to memorizing some song.
To be brave is to take action in spite of fear. It is impossible to be brave without first being afraid. To take action without fear is not brave, it is foolish.
Jaco Pastorius, Steve DiGiorgio, Arif Mirabdolbaghi, lots of stuff to do.
ಠ_ಠ
in that case learn some odd scales nd improvise in a set key, then move to it relative minor using the circle of fifths. and if ure feeling adventurous through in some more advanced techniques like slapping and tapping
well its for beginners this first school it last for half a year and half the people don't know how to play so something not to hard but will impress
if no one else knows how to play then you should go in sucking and within a month or so actully bust out what you know..
so the teachers will be like "wow, he's a natural" or "wow, he catches on really fast"
you'll stand out more,
and they will be more likely to remember you if they think that they are the reason for your success.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by ismellfunny13
well any idea what song i can play?

Click the links....

Errmm some more ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkrE2cjmqD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMenB9Ywh2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS3hEuAbuLE

Higher Ground isn't as hard as it sounds, honestly.

Edit : If you want a list ; Queen - Another One Bites the Dust, Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight, Rick James - Superfreak, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground.
Last edited by Micehorns at Jan 21, 2009,
Seriously..
just play something that will barely get you in.

then impress everyone later!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by ismellfunny13
well im already signed up but they need to know what group im gonna go in

Tell us what you can play already?
well i can play all that pop-punk stuff like blink n **** and alot of post-hardcore screamo stuff and popular rock and metal songs
Quote by ismellfunny13
well i can play all that pop-punk stuff like blink n **** and alot of post-hardcore screamo stuff and popular rock and metal songs

Stranglers - Peaches.
Muse - Hysteria
Blink 182 - Carousel
Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become