hey guys, i'm building my frist guitar. and i have some questions of opinion for you guys.
First, I have four different pickups. two humbuckers, a "gibson Gold" i got off ebay because it was the cheapest humbucker on there which makes me think it isn't a gibson. And the bridge pickup from my epiphone G-400 (which i recently put a Seymore Duncan JB into, yay). Two single coils, the bridge from an ibanez RG-170 i think, off ebay. and a reverse wound "fender" pickup also off ebay because it was the cheapest reverse wound one on there at the time. the catch is... i ended up breaking the copper wire wound around the magnet in the pickup... so i'm not sure if it works, thats my first question.

Will a pickup with the winding wire broken still work? i don' think it will

What pickups would you guys reccomend and in what order? originally i wanted a humbucker at the neck with the reverse wound in the middle, and the Ibanez at the bridge, but if the reverse is broken i'm thinking an HSH with my Epiphone pickup at the bridge, ibanez in the middle, Gibson at neck.

Thirdly, i plan on wireing it like a J bass, where its just three volume knobs, one for each pickup, leaving the switch not needed. any ideas on what i could do with the switch? no coil tapping of phasing. seems to complicated. maybe a tone switch? maybe nothing, idk.

Sorry for the wall of text. any input is appreciated!

P.S. i'll start a different thread so that people will see this question. but how deep is the neck pocket on a Strat? like, how much of the neck is into the body affecting the action of the guitar.

thanks a ton!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
anybody? no one's even excited that its gonna be wired with three volume knobs to blend them to tonal perfection? =[
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
thanks, that was probably my most important question, good thread i might try re wireing it just for fun.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai