schecter c1 series, non floyd rose VS
gibson sg special

im a gibson lover but the schecters looks are beautiful carved top n all
I'm tempted to say automatically the SG but really you should play both and see which you like best. If it were me, it wouldn't even be a contest, I'd pick the SG, but you might have different tastes.
nah i havnt id hav to drive a decent distance to find a shop with the schecter thats why im wondering
I would have to say the Schecter because ive played it before and it plays and sounds amazing. Ive also played a SG while it sounds amazing it if very uncomfortable to play and is unbalanced.
style: classic rock, metal, progressive rock, grunge,
amp getting new one in the summer all i hav now is a practice amp so thats negligable, price range under a grand canadian id say
Quote by hmbeast
I'm tempted to say automatically the SG but really you should play both and see which you like best. If it were me, it wouldn't even be a contest, I'd pick the SG, but you might have different tastes.

Agreed. I used to have a Gibson SG Special but I sold it for my Les Paul, which was a great investment, but if someone offered me a choice between the Schecter or the SG, I'd take the SG.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
style: classic rock, metal, progressive rock, grunge,
amp getting new one in the summer all i hav now is a practice amp so thats negligable, price range under a grand canadian id say

Well, I'd say both can do classic rock, prog rock, and grunge pretty well, and I know the schecter will probably do metal a little better than the Gibson. So you'll have to ask yourself if how much metal you play will really affect what you get.
Strats & Seagulls