Not official or anything, but there's a thread for everything else(knowledge related, that is), so what the hell. Pretty much anything relating to human history can be discussed here.
God created Adam.
Adam developped a sexual drive.
God created the frog with a big mouth.
The frog died.
God created Eve.
(continue it)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I am also a fan of the history channel. I also like reading history books. I'm sort of a social studies nerd in general. I am almost failing math and science and all that, but geography I'm getting an A. Just like always.
In 1159 Tunis was re-conquered from the Normans by the Almohad Caliphs
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
my life is a giant facepalm
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by Garret.
In 1159 Tunis was re-conquered from the Normans by the Almohad Caliphs
Definitely one of the more interesting years of the previous millennium.
Troy was taken over because a handful of dumbf*ck soldiers thought that a gigantic wooden horse somehow bettered them by bringing it into the city rather than burning it outside the walls party-style.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
History is awesome! Who's with me?

Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by DirtyMakik
God created Adam.
Adam developped a sexual drive.
God created the frog with a big mouth.
The frog died.
God created Eve.
(continue it)

this is the HISTORY thread, not the lame attempt at the origin of life thread

</religion bashing>
Quote by daytripper75
i am majoring in history.

My sister finished hers last year. Shes going on to do a Masters next year. Also, doing my degree in history next year!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by daytripper75

I want to do this.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
History is pretty interesting, but I can hardly ever get myself to read a history book. I require a good teacher for it

Anyone got any good history reads?

Second this, I need something to read.
Quote by goest
Aye, me as well.

cool.

what classes are you taking right now?

my history classes currently consist of:

Topics: Victorian England

American Indian History

Atlantic World: 1450-1820

History of Pennsylvania
Quote by daytripper75
cool.

what classes are you taking right now?

my history classes currently consist of:

Topics: Victorian England

American Indian History

Atlantic World: 1450-1820

History of Pennsylvania

Technically, I'm screwing around. At the moment I'm in academic probation, and am therefore screwed should I not get my cumulative GPA up to at least a 2.00...

So, I'm taking easier classes this semester to try and pad my grades:

History of Art
Dante's Comedy
Intro to Fiction
Intro to Metalwork

So...yeah. You'd think I'd be going for English or Art, but...I enjoy me some different genres o' classes.
History's the only class I do well in, that and english
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by daytripper75

that sucks. good luck getting your GPA back up. mine is around 3.2 i think.

Gracias.

Quote by Riddler
Troy was taken over because a handful of dumbf*ck soldiers thought that a gigantic wooden horse somehow bettered them by bringing it into the city rather than burning it outside the walls party-style.

Actually it was an offering to Posiden, so the Greeks could have a safe journey home. The Trojans brought it into Posidens temple, believing that if they hadn't Posiden would've been pissed at them.

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
History is pretty interesting, but I can hardly ever get myself to read a history book. I require a good teacher for it

Anyone got any good history reads?

Quote by guitarhero_764
Second this, I need something to read.

I read alot of "Historical fiction" which is basicly history with a fictional dialogue from the historians point of view.

A few authors i could recomend would be David Gemmell, Valerio massimo manfredi, and Simon Scarrow.

This site is were i tend to find most of my reads http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
Last edited by Griff_Kid at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by michaelbot9000
this is the HISTORY thread, not the lame attempt at the origin of life thread

</religion bashing>

I think he was making a joke how a frog got killed because adam screwed it in his big mouth...so god made eve.
Quote by dethead666
I think he was making a joke how a frog got killed because adam screwed it in his big mouth...so god made eve.

...Genital warts?
Quote by goest
...Genital warts?

shudder...on topic though I want to major in Greek and Germanic studies. But i'm still in high school right now.
Quote by daytripper75

Me too. Anyone read any good books lately? Just finished a book about the Arab conquests in the 7th and 8th centuries and now Im reading a history of England
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Last edited by slayerific at Jan 22, 2009,
My city started the slave trade
I do not like Bristol's history.

Also, I'm doing history GCSE. I got an A* in the practice exams and coursework woopwoop..
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Griff_Kid
Actually it was an offering to Posiden, so the Greeks could have a safe journey home. The Trojans brought it into Posidens temple, believing that if they hadn't Posiden would've been pissed at them.

I read alot of "Historical fiction" which is basicly history with a fictional dialogue from the historians point of view.

A few authors i could recomend would be David Gemmell, Valerio massimo manfredi, and Simon Scarrow.

This site is were i tend to find most of my reads http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

Thanks, I'll check it out. Although I was actually looking for something entirely non fiction, written by some famous historian. Historical fiction is great though, especially stories involving the Titanic(dunno why but ever since I saw the movie I've been fascinated with that ship).

Anyways, does anyone else support the theory that Jesus never actually existed?
I'm currently self studying The American Revolutionary War at college. I will pull up my synoptic draft as a blog as I think some people could find it interesting. The essay quesrion should be 'To what extent was the Franco-American Alliance significant to the Americans gaining their independence?' or something very similar.

I'm studying it at A Level, got offers to read it at Uni. I'm particularly interested in 20th century Political History, to be fair. Well, any 20th century History, it's all around politics.