Edwards
17 68%
Tokai
8 32%
Voters: 25.
well.....
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Budget?

An early 80's Tokai Love Rock will give a Gibson R9 a run for it's money, costs more than a typical Edwards though.
^ +1, it very much depends on which model (tokai range from non-japanese-made stuff to stuff as dear or dearer than custom shop gibsons), budget, and how the dollar's doing against the yen at the moment...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh I just wanted to know what you guys prefer in your arsenal and why
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
too hard to compare, i have an edwards LP and a tokai strat copy, lol.

again, as i said, it's going to depend on the model- based on what i've tried, i prefer edwards to the cheapest MIJ Tokais I've tried, they're better value with a better spec in my opinion (at least, they were better value before the yen became the only world currency actually worth anything ). but move into the high end tokais and it's going to be a different story... some of those are similar in price to navigators (esp's high end Fender/Gibson copy brand, whereas Edwards is its mid-range/value + quality brand), bacchus and the like, it'd only be fair to compare them to those.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ this man speaks the truth
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

you can't really make a blanket statement like that- there are cheap tokais which aren't even made in japan which are little better than epiphones, up to ones costing more than Gibson Custom shop guitars...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And he's right again

Edwards are like LTD's but slighty better, is what i've heard.
And I've played a high end Tokai and it played beautifully
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
i haven't tried all that many LTDs, but i'd say the edwardses are nicer than the 1000 series LTDs. though it does depend on what you're after in terms of spec, etc. etc. the ec1000 i tried had a 3-piece neck and body, while my edwards LP has one piece for each (which, to me, and certainly in terms of vintage accuracy, is better). also no lacquer used on the LTDs... but yeah, slightly nicer than the best LTDs is about right. also more vintage-accurate, if that's what you're after (though there are more modern edwards models too, but i haven't tried those).

does depend on what you want, though, i'm not saying that the high-end LTDs aren't nice guitars (they are), just i prefer edwards, especially as, when i got mine, they were about half the price of the high-end LTDs here...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hahaha

bargin

i was going to get an LTD 1000 series, but then i played the esp, the esp won no contest haha
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
yeah, we get gipped on LTD (esp too) something rotten here for some reason...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thats no good

i only know to one shop that sells esp's and they don't have that many

mine was such a lucky find
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
yeah, unless you're in a big city (or just sometimes get lucky- there are some amazing guitar shops almost randomly in the middle of nowhere for some reason ), it can be hard to find good gear...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?