So, I have decided to finally start playing guitar again. It's been over 15 years, and even then I only played for a few years, so it's all gone.

I decided to start by looking into the beginning lessons here...but it seems a little disorganized. I realize they are submitted by users, so I don't expect to go from top to bottom; but which should I start with?

Link because I am the one asking for help:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/

Anyway, thanks to anyone who can help, I want my Carvin to sing

Oh, and hi!
Go to the columns section and look up "The Ultimate Guide to Guitar" by ZeGuitarist (the latest in the series also has a link on the homepage). It's split into three sections: beginner, intermediate, and advanced (which hasn't been posted yet). Both the beginner and intermediate sections, which have been posted, are great. Go look at the beginner sections, as it covers both the theory and practice of playing guitar.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Thanks for referring to my Guide, mate!

But it's divided into 4 sections, not 3: Beginner - Novice - Intermediate - Advanced. The 2 first sections have been completed and uploaded... So, I guess for a first day guitar player, those first 2 sections will be more than you need already!

Cheers!
I second www.justinguitar.com, great lessons.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Thanks for referring to my Guide, mate!

But it's divided into 4 sections, not 3: Beginner - Novice - Intermediate - Advanced. The 2 first sections have been completed and uploaded... So, I guess for a first day guitar player, those first 2 sections will be more than you need already!

Cheers!

Sorry! But congratulations on writing such a great series. I know you aren't done yet, but for something so ambitious to actually turn out so well is remarkable.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
i 3rd http://www.justinguitar.com, the site is really helpful, he also has lots of videos on youtube.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
^All the above great advice as always on here
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
When you're settled into playing please don't ignore this:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_music_theory_the_beginning.html

It's helping me take my playing just that much further. Concentrate on technique a lot though or you'll end up as crap as me. On that note can I ask people to recommend good exercises to improve my right/left hand? I should get back to reading those Freepower articles..
Quote by maninthebox24
Sorry! But congratulations on writing such a great series. I know you aren't done yet, but for something so ambitious to actually turn out so well is remarkable.

Longest time to reply ever...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As soon as I posted this my law school got crazy as all get out, so I had to put everything on hold. now that things are slowing down, I'm going to give it another shot.