I started watching Metalocalypse because my friend has it on DVD and he loves that kind of music, and aside from the show being really really funny (love when they're in the grocery store, Nathan: CLEAN UP IN AISLE FIIIIIIIVE!), but it's also getting me into death metal or whatever you wanna call it, the 'screamo'.

I still love rock the most and always will, but I'm starting to like this music as well. I usually listen to the whole song now when someone here posts a video/song of the type of music.

Any of you getting into anything new?
I've been getting into 90'sish stoner rock recently, ya know, Clutch, Queens of the Stoneage, Rage Against The Machine, Fu Manchu...
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I'm liking heavier stuff recently.
I don't know the genre, but I've been listening to Dillinger Escape Plan today, I like them.

And I've been listening to Rites of Spring. I found DEP in a thread looking for more bands like RoS. They're pretty darn different though!
Quote by Dog--
I started watching Metalocalypse because my friend has it on DVD and he loves that kind of music, and aside from the show being really really funny (love when they're in the grocery store, Nathan: CLEAN UP IN AISLE FIIIIIIIVE!), but it's also getting me into death metal or whatever you wanna call it, the 'screamo'.

I still love rock the most and always will, but I'm starting to like this music as well. I usually listen to the whole song now when someone here posts a video/song of the type of music.

We don't call it the "screamo". Screamo is not screaming in music. Its a genre of its own. The band is death metal.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Dog--

You may want to raise your flameshield.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
We don't call it the "screamo". Screamo is not screaming in music. Its a genre of its own. The band is death metal.

That's why it's in quotes, I wasn't sure.

EDIT: To the guy above me - Again, I say that I don't know what it's called, not a big deal.
Last edited by Dog-- at Jan 21, 2009,
Psychedelic rock. I usually listen to black/death/progressive metal.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I've been getting into heavier stuff (Lamb of God, Mastadon, Gojira). But at the same time I'm getting into more mainstream stuff (Lady Gaga, The Fray, Rihanna). Although I'm not really into the artists but mainly their singles.
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Jan 21, 2009,
I have always been a classic rock fan and metalhead, but lately I have taken a huge liking to 90's alternative and Grunge, and Indie music.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I'm getting more into rap.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm getting into Reggae/Ska/Dub, like Subime, Marley, and Peter Tosh.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by p o e
I've been getting into 90'sish stoner rock recently, ya know, Clutch, Queens of the Stoneage, Rage Against The Machine, Fu Manchu...

You need to listen to Kyuss.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Jazz. My dad made me listen to Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis (the album) and I was awestruck.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by schmidty3000
Jazz. My dad made me listen to Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis (the album) and I was awestruck.

Definitely listen to Bitches Brew if you haven't already.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Jazz..Vocal jazz..
some 90's stuff. i'm huge on Mr. big right now. ive always liked em but i have a really really strong liking for them now. reunion tour is what im hoping..someday..
Quote by Sonicxlover
Definitely listen to Bitches Brew if you haven't already.

I have not, actually, even heard of them. I kinda went from Miles Davis to MUCH older stuff (Bix Beiderbecke, Louis Armstrong, although I already appreciated his music).
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
jazz funk metal like buckethead, primus, praxus. And acoustic symphonys like trace bundy,sunguh jung, michael hedges.
really, i have just been getting back into bands that i have loved at one point or another. i'm not sure what other genres i can jump into. i feel like i have looked into a whole lot of things and by now i know what i like and what i don't.

i recently explored the phil spector girl groups and before that i was on a noise + post rock kick.

i suppose if anyone has a suggestion of something for me to dip my toes into, i am probably open to it.
Alt hip hop

prog rock

alt indie
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
--core...
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Old blues and blues/rock. I'm a 90s grunge/noise rock fan most of the time.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Proggy stuff (Dream Theater, Protest the Hero, etc.)

all of the core genres (death core, metal core, grind core, etc.)

Jazz
Quote by DarkTom666
Pagan metal

More like 1 band though, Eluveitie.

eluveitie FTW!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
i have gone from punk to more mainstream rock (foo fighters, incubus. not nickelback and hinder) and technical death metal. oh and a lot more jazz.
Death Metal. The band Death, which was pioneered by late but great Chuck Shuldiner, and one of the first, or the first true death metal band, has single-handily got me into it. I always liked metal and some of it's sub genre's but never listened to Death metal due to lack of exposure to good bands and exposure to bands like Cannibal Corpse, who I really can't stand. Death have great vocals, guitars, drums, bass, and of course Chuck's amazing songwriting ability. They also got more progressive as they moved further in their career and I love Prog. A solid solid band.
noise
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Black metal, which I was never able to get into before for some reason but now I love it!
A lot of melodic death metal and I have gotten more into -core music. The screaming in metal and -core music used to annoy me, but it has gotten easier to listen to. A lot of acoustic/indie stuff too. It is pretty awesome.

Some cool bands/artists I have grown to like are:
In Flames
Soilwork
Children Of Bodom
Himsa
Elliot Smith
Jack Johnson
Dark Tranquillity
Shadows Fall
etc...

EDIT: Oh yeah punk and ska too.

Reel Big Fish
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Sublime
etc...
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid