Page 1 of 2
why do they call it curly maple
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
this is true guitar pronz.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
How do you drill your ferrules?

We used a drill press for my build, and the bits wandered slightly, so two of them in the middle are a little crooked.

Btw, that looks amazing. I love the body wood.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Wow, that thing is gorgeous.
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when there is a next time for my guitar building...whenever that may be, most likely not for a long time.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

i demand more pictures from different angles

that's an epic looking guitar man

EDIT: i love all reverse headstocks, especially strat and jackson ones
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Jan 21, 2009,
Hottest ass i've ever seen.

Nice job LP.

(You make my guitar look like a tranny hooker in recession. named Vladimir.)
Quote by 6DgOfInTb

We used a drill press for my build, and the bits wandered slightly, so two of them in the middle are a little crooked.

I have a template that has the ferrule holes in them that I doublestick to the guitar and drill through that with a cordless drill since my drill press isn't big enough. Make ure you use enough doublestick tape though on my last guitar the template moved slightly not too bad though.
LP! That's all you're going to give us? First you make a video in the dark, and now you take ONE photo of this out in the sunlight... moar guitar pr0nz plz.
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
Wow, that wood looks awesome out in the sunlight. And definitely liking the gold hardware on the natural body.
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
That deck looks cedar to me

But seriously... Nice guitar.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
LP.

I would sell My guitar for that =[

thats how much I want it.

And it doesn't have a Floyd.

if I had the moneys.

how much is it going for?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
last i check 780 on ebay. Nice guitar and all but I'm really jealous of the weather... if i put my guitar out on my deck you would only be able to see the neck and the neck joint... damn snow
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by Kolanski
last i check 780 on ebay. Nice guitar and all but I'm really jealous of the weather... if i put my guitar out on my deck you would only be able to see the neck and the neck joint... damn snow

Man, THAT cheap? awesome =]

If I had the money!
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i built that deck, its out of treated pine! haha

I doooo like the idea of a trade, i would trade this for a very nice guitar $1,000+

more people are more likely to trade gear for my guitar, and usually i can sell their gear for more than i could get for mine.
Last edited by LP Addict at Jan 22, 2009,
LP WTF why do you have to flaught that piece of art infront of me. When I don't have any money to buy it.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by LP Addict

I doooo like the idea of a trade, i would trade this for a very nice guitar $1,000+

more people are more likely to trade gear for my guitar, and usually i can sell their gear for more than i could get for mine.

Very true. I found that people get bored quickly with stuff and want a change, so will trade rather than have the hassle of selling, for you to have the profit if you are willing to put the effort in to sell it.

Dude. When I look at your Ebay adds, I see it says you are "certified as a Luthier through Luthiers International" etc.

How does that work, what do you need to do etc? Feel free to PM if you don't want to discuss it here.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by 6DgOfInTb

proper marking out should solve this. take an awl (or any other pointy thing'll probably do)and poke a little hole slap bang in the centre of the hole before you start.

It's been ages since I used a drill press, but If my memory serves me correctly you should be able to clamp work down before you drill it?? I'm not sure...

also, You can drill the holes with a smaller dia. bit 1st, then use the full size one. common practice in metalwork I think...
Quote by jimRH7
proper marking out should solve this. take an awl (or any other pointy thing'll probably do)and poke a little hole slap bang in the centre of the hole before you start.

It's been ages since I used a drill press, but If my memory serves me correctly you should be able to clamp work down before you drill it?? I'm not sure...

also, You can drill the holes with a smaller dia. bit 1st, then use the full size one. common practice in metalwork I think...

And, use Brad Point Bits
Is this the guitar you referred to in this thread?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050019&page=1&pp=40&highlight=i%27m+now+a+believer
If so, this is absolutely worth $750+. I just re-evaluated my thoughts... It's clear that this guitar was built with perfection and care, and even for people who've never heard of you, it's obvious that this is a fine instrument. I'd pay $1,000 for it, easily.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
congrats to you LP, i hope you make much much money off of it and built something even better.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by LP Addict

=[

My homebuilt guitar is 700 max.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
=[

My homebuilt guitar is 700 max.

Mines like 10 bucks on a good day.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Does the AANJ/Ibanez-type neck joint really hurt tone like people say?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2