hey guys

i'am having some issues with my gibson lp studio. the guitar has worked fine up until recently. now it has Horrendous buzz on the amp, and when i touch the any of the hardware it goes away.

So I believe it is a grounding issue and i tried soldering a copper braid from the plate for the pots to all four pots and it still didn't work.

I've checked all the solder joints in the back two cavities and nothing is loose

any help would be appreciated
I had that problem with my G-400. It's probably a loose connection. Make sure you check everything closely.
Try a few different outlets in the wall and maybe a new cable or even a new power cable in the amp. Then take it to someone who knows how to work on guitars and have the solder everything again.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
you swapped cables?

you checked the 2 wires at the input jack?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just rechecked everything except the pickups. everything is still connected properly.

and here's what i have tried

I have tried it on about 7 different amps 3 of which are mine, i've tried all 6 of my cabels and some from the guitar shop. the other 4 amps had no issues with guitars in the shop just mine.

I hadn't touched the wiring on this guitar since the day i bought it and this just started happening.

So i've soldered a copper braid from the plate in the back to all four pots and its still getting very bad feedback that disappears when i touch the hardware.

I'm sooo confused
Last edited by XJudX at Jan 22, 2009,
With mine, the jack got loose and turned inside my guitar, so I just tightened it. I got that same hum. Everything looked fine until I changed the pickups. I noticed that they're was a solder joint that was broken. I couldn't even tell because there was maybe 2 millimeters of small wired that connected the big wire, to 1 of the jack connection spots. It's probably the connection since it stops when you touch the hardware.
Take it to the guitar shop and let them fix it up for you. It definately sounds like an internal wiring problem man.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.