Hi, could somebody please tell me what they think of this? Just the sound quality, not necessarily the song. I just had to create something to record so I made this up really quick. It's only like an intro really but whatever. Anyways I just bought a new line6 guitar port rifftracker, and wanted to try it out. I recorded both guitars then a rhythm/bass lol. I'm going to record some covers on it soon just need the time. I really wanna cover angles don't kill by Bodom or walk with me in hell - LoG so badly, haha.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/onetenpercent/music/all/play525071
Last edited by onetenpercent at Jan 21, 2009,
R&R.
This does not relate directly to guitar, but to recording quality.

...and how is a 39 second clip a song?
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Jan 21, 2009,
I really like the song. The volume changes alot, but other than that its good.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
wayyyyyyy too much compression. you need to make sure your not clipping before you compress.
Quote by tona_107
R&R.
This does not relate directly to guitar, but to recording quality.

...and how is a 39 second clip a song?

It says right there it's just a intro, and I said I'm not talking about the song I mean the sound quality.
Quote by burn the stars
i really like the tone, what did you use for it?

line6 guitarport rifftracker and POD farm for the sound
Quote by HIM%(^
wayyyyyyy too much compression. you need to make sure your not clipping before you compress.

What does that mean?
Quote by onetenpercent
What does that mean?

did you use a compressor or a limiter when you recorded it. becasue the phasing is all out of wack because its hitting the threshold of the limiter/compressor..which is why the volume keeps changing..unless thats intentional...
Quote by onetenpercent
It says right there it's just a intro, and I said I'm not talking about the song I mean the sound quality.

This is why it belongs in R&R.
Quote by HIM%(^
did you use a compressor or a limiter when you recorded it. becasue the phasing is all out of wack because its hitting the threshold of the limiter/compressor..which is why the volume keeps changing..unless thats intentional...

hmmmmm... quite....

Haha sorry man I don't understand any of that. I'm only gr. 12 I'm not a NASA technician lol.
Quote by onetenpercent
hmmmmm... quite....

Haha sorry man I don't understand any of that. I'm only gr. 12 I'm not a NASA technician lol.

your about as old as me....what effects are you running in whatever you record with?
I put my guitar into the line6 guitarport thing, into the computer. The guitarport thing also connects to an amp so it makes noise. Then I open POD farm on the computer, and than you can choose what amp and effects and everything off of the computer. lol
Quote by JimmyBanks6
wow i like i like.. teach me how to improvise that easily haha

Just listen to some Bodom. It will teach you everything you need to know.
Hey I just recorded another song on guitarport thing, this time a cover (silent night bodom night) I did this in like ten minutes so the playing is absolutely horrible, sorry. No retakes. just one guitar then the other. Didn't stop for screw ups. The reason I actually picked this song is because (it's amazing) and it's the only one I know the lead and rhythm for so I could record it really fast, like under 10 minutes. How is the sound quality though compared to the other vid??? better? thanks.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/onetenpercent/music/all/play525071
i was going to move this, but you keep double posting and bumping. please read the rules in the riffs and recordings forum (as well as the site rules) and then post this in the correct place.