3 5%
depends if you can pull it off
13 22%
go for it
29 50%
have fun looking like a faggot the rest of the semester
13 22%
Voters: 58.
I'm taking public speaking 101, and our first speech is to introduce a member of the class. As an attention catcher in previous speeches people have pretended to be in car accidents, freak out and storm out of the classroom, ect... I'm going to take it a step further- I'm going to act like a goddamn pirate with a story to tell. (Complete with eye patch and embarrassingly bad accent).

So here's what I've got so far:

(Dramatic tone) Johnette Yancy… the very mention of her name inspires fear, wonder… awe. The mythical figure we know her as today began her start many moons ago. She was born with a rare medical condition called pituitary gigantism, from which the continuous release of growth hormone causes her body to never stop growing. While this may confuse some of you seeing her apparent height (She's 5'3"), it immediately becomes obvious once you realize she is over ten-thousand years old. That’s right ladies and germs, she is also immortal. For the first several hundred years of her life she was as tiny as a thimble, racing for dear life from monstrous spiders and rats. And I know what you all must be thinkin’- ‘Is he really going to talk like a pirate the entire speech?’ (Out of character) And the answer is no. But now that I have your attention and you all think I’m crazy, please let me introduce the fine young lady sitting in the front row.

Hopefully by embarrassing the living **** out of myself on our first assignment the rest of the speeches will be easier. So does my plan suck, or am I brilliant?
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
DO whatever feels best for ya.

EDIT: And.. WIN.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
win
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
win

i didn't read it
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Win
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
fail
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Consider the first few posts as an official approval of a definite attention catcher.

Just DO IT.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Great plan. I bet the other speeches will be a breeze if you can do this. Good luck!
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"
Sorry, I went with the last one. Unless you're naturally funny that is, in which case, you could probably pull it off.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
last option.

and go for it!

i read as far as "act like a goddamn pirate" and i stopped. i knew it was brilliant at that point and saw no need to read any more of it.
I'd like for the class to get the joke, but if they don't, I'm betting I WILL have their attention. I'm going to uni in the fall anyway so **** the stupid ****ers. Btw, yay for new meds.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Ok but practice by reading it with full Sturm and Drang, in front of the mirror, naked.

If you can't keep it straight you fail
It depends how you pull it off, you could be funny or the much higher chance of looking like a tool (not an insult, just the truth). Also it'd be more effective is you threw something(s).
Brilliant!

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.