Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
I've got my Peavey on one of those. It certainly helped me out; it projects so much better.
so pretty much my tone will be better since ill be getting it off the floor?
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
It'll help alot to through the sound over a crowd, and an absolute necessity with combo's. I usually use a few beer crates though.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Next to buying a newer better amp it's the best investment you can make. And even if you bought a newer better amp, so long as you could put it on a stand, I'd recomend one.
i actually have that exact stand. it's a good investment, especially since it's cheap. with your amp off of the ground, you can hear yourself better, the audience can hear you better, and you don't have to bend over to adjust your settings. good stuff.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
i either slant my combo back or just put it on a chair if no one else is using the chair, practicing(with band or without)
Just get a chair... If it's miked, it doesn't matter; it's more of a isolation thing than anything with today's technology.
Beer crates are a lot cheaper.

Saying that does anyone else find it harder to get beer crates off the bar staff? Apparently its a lot cheaper to package everything in cardboard these days so there's less and less crates about.
If you're decent at wood working just build a cabinet and throw some fabric or grill cloth over it and set your amp on that, then people will think you have an even bigger amp than you do.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15