Okay. So im kinda tryin to teach myself theory stuff, and im workin on scales. just basic stuff, major, minor, and minor pentatonic. I know the minor pentatonic shapes and stuff, but could someone tell me teh way to create a minor pentatonic? Like major is Whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half. What is it for minor pent, and just minor scale. I can't find it online. I just want to mainly be able to create minor scales, not tooooo worried bout the pentatonics
By minor scale I presume you mean Aeolain, which is tone, semitone, tone, tone, semitone, tone, tone. Minor pentatonic is minor 3rd, tone, tone, minor 3rd, tone.
The minor pentatonic is made up of the following scale degrees;
Root, minor 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, and minor 7th.
If you don't understand that, let's compare it to a major scale...
C major = C, D, E, F, G, A, and B

So C minor pentatonic would be; C, Eb, F, G, and Bb.
Hope this helps.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Quote by anotherbluesguy
By minor scale I presume you mean Aeolain, which is tone, semitone, tone, tone, semitone, tone, tone. Minor pentatonic is minor 3rd, tone, tone, minor 3rd, tone.

Off topic, but it would be inappropriate to use the term "aeolian" here. Aeolian suggests modal music, and there is no reason to introduce modal terms into the discussion. The discussion is about the minor scale.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by sidvicious182
Start the major scale on the sixth note and you'll get the minor scale, which is based on the relative major

Im confused haha. Im sorry.

Quote by anotherbluesguy

I think i mean Aeolain. Explain the tone, semitone thing. Is it like whole, half?

Quote by seth's daddy
The minor pentatonic is made up of the following scale degrees;
Root, minor 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, and minor 7th.
If you don't understand that, let's compare it to a major scale...
C major = C, D, E, F, G, A, and B

So C minor pentatonic would be; C, Eb, F, G, and Bb.
Hope this helps.

Thats the minor pentatonic or just minor? And thanks guys
Major Scale = W W H W W W H = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Major Pent = W W H+W W W+H = 1 2 3 5 7

Minor Scale = W H W W H W W = 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7
Minor Pent = W+H W W H+W W = 1 b3 4 5 b7
Si