Entering a local talent show via guitar.

I plan to play an instrumental of some sort, at the moment I was thinking a rock version of some game music, considering at the moment either Fire Emblem's Together We Ride or the overworld theme from LoZ, but the first is too hard, and the only way I'd be satisfied with the second is if I had a three-guitar harmony going.

So, recommend me some video game music to rock-ify. Nothing too fast or heavy please, I'm no beginner, I can play fast, but I'm not as fast as one of those shredders who goes on youtube and posts a fullspeed of Through The Fire And Flames just to give Herman Ri a big middle finger by doing something he can't.

Classical also works, so long as it's not incredibly difficult, as does contemporary instrumentals from people like Satch, Vai, Jeff Beck and the like.

Any and all serious recommendations appreciated.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 22, 2009,
What Do you think of acoustic fingerstyle? Look In to Don Ross, Andy McKee and others on the candy rat label.
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
what do you mean by doing something herman li can't? are you dense? i don't get why dragonforce has such a ****ty reputation. their music may not be that great, but they're still the ones who recorded it. they're still incredibly talented.
Quote by SlashYourFug
what do you mean by doing something herman li can't? are you dense? i don't get why dragonforce has such a ****ty reputation. their music may not be that great, but they're still the ones who recorded it. they're still incredibly talented.

They suck live. Can't throw it down. Others can.

Thats the deal.
Quote by SiKh22
Try Losfer Words by Iron Maiden

Is Losfer a typo or is that the proper name?

Quote by Srgt. Pepper
What Do you think of acoustic fingerstyle? Look In to Don Ross, Andy McKee and others on the candy rat label.

I truly need to spend more time on my acoustic, but at the moment I'm not very good at accurate acoustic fingerpicking.

Quote by melton100
Eugene's Trick Bag by Steve Vai

That's the one he ends the Crossroads duel with by losing to the Karate Kid that's miming it, right?

Quote by atreyu34

Hmm...I'm liking it, but that'd entail getting a second guitarist as a backup band, and already getting the bassist and drummer will be hard enough. ><

That's the one he ends the Crossroads duel with by losing to the Karate Kid that's miming it, right?
QUOTE]

Yep. I think it would make quite an impression at a talent show. BUt then again, anything by Vai would.
Quote by melton100
Quote by necrosis1193

Yep. I think it would make quite an impression at a talent show. But then again, anything by Vai would.

True. I was actually considering FTLOG(I can actually sort of play it and can probably work out what I can't before the show), but I get a feeling it's over the time limit for it. As for the song itself, do you have a tab I could look at?

lol nah its called Losfer Words, im guessing you thought Loser? ha, its Losfer
LOL
^XD Alright then, looking up...

*Looks over topic as a whole* Hmm...would SRV's Testify work? I've always enjoyed playing that one.

Bass-fueled thread thump-bump. Yes, I know that was kind of sad. I just got up, forgive me.

FF7 - Those Who Fight Further
FF6 - Decisive Battle
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?