If any of you have Guitar Pro 5 take a look at Revelations by Judas Priest, and the sweeping section. The 12th fret bar while hitting the 14th fret? How do you even make it sound audible?
LOL
I don't have GP5 on this, what shape is it??
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
i don't get what your problem with it is?

edit: nevermind, i was looking at a different sweep with 12 and 14. i see what you mean, and i have no idea what to do either. sorry.
Last edited by SlashYourFug at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by SlashYourFug
i don't get what your problem with it is?

edit: nevermind, i was looking at a different sweep with 12 and 14. i see what you mean, and i have no idea what to do either. sorry.

Can you paste the tab and I'll have a look?
Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
if im thinking about this right, i might have an answer for you, but as i don't have GP could you please tab the sweep out on here. i could porbably give you an answer, or the guy above me could.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
You roll your finger? If it's like 14-12 (e) 12 (B) 12 (G) that's how you do it, you roll your index finger.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
In Communist Russia, Judas Priest song sweeps you.
Eh, I tried.
Anyway, like they all said before me, paste the tab here and maybe I can help. I don't have GP either.
Quote by mdawg24
In Communist Russia, Judas Priest song sweeps you.
Eh, I tried.
Anyway, like they all said before me, paste the tab here and maybe I can help. I don't have GP either.

LOL nice joke, is their a way i can post the tab here, cause if i make it myself, it comes out messy.
LOL
This is the shape in the tab

|------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------12h17p12h17p12---------------------
|-------------12-------------------12----------------
|---------14---------------------------14-----------
|-----14-----------------------------------14---------
|-12-------------------------------------------12----

Im assuming this is the part hes talking about
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by SiKh22
LOL nice joke, is their a way i can post the tab here, cause if i make it myself, it comes out messy.

Export as tab and upload it as an attachment. Either that or paste it and fiddle with it in preview.
Quote by dbzrage3k

If it is it's simple enough, the 12's are rolled with the index and the 14's with the ring finger.

Edit: I'd actually roll the 14's with the middle finger and hit the 17 with the pinkie.
Quote by ravioli123

Last edited by ravioli123 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by dbzrage3k

So, my assumption would be that you play index on 12, then roll your ring finger for the 14s, then index on 12 again, then just tap the 17-12 hammer on/pull offs.
Just a guess though.

Hear the song, if you try to play, it sounds almost impossible for me to sweep it right. Though I'm just trying to really get serious with sweeps.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Silentlassassin
Happy 21st by the way. And good luck with that X.x

Thanks man!
LOL
It's a pretty basic shape, I have to say this is probably abit too much of a challenge to start sweeping on... I'd start with slower sweeps personally.
Or use the loop function on GP5 and set the speed to 50 with a 3% increase each time in speed and try that.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
It's a pretty basic shape, I have to say this is probably abit too much of a challenge to start sweeping on... I'd start with slower sweeps personally.
Or use the loop function on GP5 and set the speed to 50 with a 3% increase each time in speed and try that.

I finger the sweeps pretty good but its trying to make it audible is hard. Try the sweeps yourself, they look easy but I think its not compared to the song.
LOL
If you're only just starting out with sweeping you should really spend a while simply learning how to sweep before trying to learn a somg that uses the technique.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com