Ok, well I need an amplifiable acoustic for the new praise band at my church. I really don't want to spend everything I have left after my amp purchase (roughly only $350). One thing I can do is use my DCE's A/E Takamine. Sure, you would think I'd be happy about that, but he has one of THESE. I don't like it. Small body, all-lam, and THIS electronics system, which confused the crap out of me. He also strung it with what I think were elixirs, because there was this weird green crap hanging off the strings.

Another thing I can do is get a pickup for my G320. Again, all lam, but dreadnaught and sounds surprisingly good.

And yet another option is *shivers* spending the rest of my money I earned over 2 years of odd-jobs, lawn mowing, and allowances on an A/E that I know won't be very good.

Basically, I'm not going to be all that happy either way. And I can't really get a job. I have no time for anything but a part-time weekend job, and we all know how well those pay

Please help a desperate poor guy out through comfort and suggestions. Thanks all
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
just use the takamine one and ask whoever owns it if you can change the strings to something that you like.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
I don't really like the guitar all that much though. In the hour or so that I played it, i was really uncomfortable.

IMPORTANT! I found a Seagull S6 (which I love) A/E on craigslist for $300, and it comes with a hardcase!

My problem? Well, it's in Lawrence. I'm in Wichita. The guitar is a long way away. And it has a cedar top. The only times I've played an S6 they were spruce tops. What are the tonal qualities of cedar? Is it warmer sounding than spruce?

Why am I asking all of these questions? Well, because I'm broke, and not only that, but I want to get everything possible out of my guitar. What I want is a generally warm tone that you usually associate strumming an acoustic with, but with a little bit of bite in the higher strings. So, to classify the tone I'm going after, "bright-ish mellow" is the best thing I can come up with.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 22, 2009,
Taks are known for their plugged in sound.

The electronics aren't that complex. I know a church music director who uses a Tak with the same electronics. Personally, I don't like elixers. For me, I like Ernie Ball Earthwoods. I use lights.

I've got cedar and spruce, in both rosewood and mahogany combos, dred style. The spruce/rosewood combo is the most dynamic of my guitars. Play it soft, it is present but not diminished. Attack it, and it responds.
I've got the government right where they want me.