Guitar or music clinics / masterclasses in Australia?

Any coming up soon? Any coming up in the next 1 year?? Any extremely goodones maybe by ur favourite metal guitarists or classical hardcorists or xtreme instrumentalists? (stevie siro vai, satch, etc etc bladi bla bla, GUTRIE GOVAN!!!! , anyone?)

I wanted togo to the one of michael angelo batio but the retard didnt put the information on his website (or maybe im the retard? for now hes the retard until proven otherwise.) But strangely, it was on a 10 dollar magazine my friend bought when he told me "Hey isnt that the masterclass u wanted to go to? it was in richmond". I was jsut like ya k too late for that now. So i really desperately wanna c a masterclass or a clinic. Sounds rly funnnnz! thanks!

<3<3<3

If u didntget what my question was, heres a simplified version under the line

--------

Any good clinics or masterclasses coming up in australia fullstop
Melbourne Guitar Festival is coming up, but I think it's mostly classical guitar masterclasses, but I can't be sure. Severe lack of information on their website, pisses me of
Quote by digger35
Melbourne Guitar Festival is coming up, but I think it's mostly classical guitar masterclasses, but I can't be sure. Severe lack of information on their website, pisses me of

Hrm, it sounds good,but the website turns me off and leads me to belive that it is run by non professionals, and it runs for a long time aswell so im not going for that, any other ideas? thanks!
or a blues or jazz one in victoria.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Sorry to crash your original question, but could this perhaps be expanded to include any sort of relevant guitar events, workshops, camps, etc.? I live in Sydney, by the way. All I can offer in return is my vague knowledge of the existence of some kind of national classical guitar camp, held by the Australian Classical Guitar Society or something.

For teenagers and those around that age, there are sometimes music or music-related classes in local youth centres. I've never actually gone to one myself, but am considering it. If anyone has any experiences to share regarding this, that would be great!
Quote by zephyrclaw
Sorry to crash your original question, but could this perhaps be expanded to include any sort of relevant guitar events, workshops, camps, etc.? I live in Sydney, by the way. All I can offer in return is my vague knowledge of the existence of some kind of national classical guitar camp, held by the Australian Classical Guitar Society or something.

For teenagers and those around that age, there are sometimes music or music-related classes in local youth centres. I've never actually gone to one myself, but am considering it. If anyone has any experiences to share regarding this, that would be great!

Yea i guess camps and workshops (pretty much is a masterclass right?) count. But why are there so many classical ones... i like classical, but to an extent..

thanks for the post btw, ill keeplooking, im notreally into the camp stuff, i wanna try a masterclass or a clinic
Yeah, I wish more people would come here, but I just started buying Guitar Techniques magazine, so I have enough to keep me busy.
Quote by MrBlues
or a blues or jazz one in victoria.
Every year there are two. A massive world wide one in Wangarrata (why the hell is it in such a dingy counry town?) and another in Melbourne. You could probably meet a few jazz guys at these jazz festivals and get some tips, but they probably won't be doing clinics.

All clinics are done at guitar shops in the city. Normally they're those lame *core guitarists.

Melbourne has a crap metal scene and we only have a good jazz scene once a year. Sure we have an alright punk scene (The Longnecks, Sounds like chicken), but our metal is pretty much that generic screamo stuff. We also have a suprisingly good blues/folk scene, check out the buskers in the eastern and inner suburbs.
/rant
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Every year there are two. A massive world wide one in Wangarrata (why the hell is it in such a dingy counry town?) and another in Melbourne. You could probably meet a few jazz guys at these jazz festivals and get some tips, but they probably won't be doing clinics.

All clinics are done at guitar shops in the city. Normally they're those lame *core guitarists.

Melbourne has a crap metal scene and we only have a good jazz scene once a year. Sure we have an alright punk scene (The Longnecks, Sounds like chicken), but our metal is pretty much that generic screamo stuff. We also have a suprisingly good blues/folk scene, check out the buskers in the eastern and inner suburbs.
/rant

*core? define plz, i dont know what that means o_O. Thansk
I'm lead to think he was talking about the various fusions of Hardcore and Metal floating around. Anything ending in core. Like Deathcore or Metalcore.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
*core? define plz, i dont know what that means o_O. Thansk
Any music with distorted guitar that has core after it. Mathcore, hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, grindcore. imo it all sounds the same, the actual genre differences are insignificant aspects like one might be played faster or slower or have lyrics about death or about whatever or have compound time signatures. Insignificant stuff, it's all just *core music and it's all just overly distorted guitars with unmelodic screaming.
Sorry for the rant
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
paul gilbert came to my town last year, it was pretty cool to. he came to Geelong instead of Melbourne because Music Workshop outsold Allans Music in Ibanez's.

i'm also curious as to what other masterclasses are happening around melbourne as i am interested in them as well.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
paul gilbert came to my town last year, it was pretty cool to. he came to Geelong instead of Melbourne because Music Workshop outsold Allans Music in Ibanez's.

i'm also curious as to what other masterclasses are happening around melbourne as i am interested in them as well.
Haha, that's probably because there's only one guitar store in all Geelong. Geelong is like the worst city in Australia, at least in other cities there are nice areas.

Here in Melbourne I can walk 20 minutes between guitar shops and there's at least one guitar shop in each suburb.

You know, I think Frank Gambale did a clinic in the city somewhere.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight

/rant

well actually my dad through "connections" got two tickets to the Jazz festival opening dinner and that was pretty fun and some awesome jazz guitarists took the stage that night.

also there is a blues and jazz festival on in Eltham started to day through to sunday i think, so ill probably go to that.

Never heard of the one in wangarrata so ill check that out, thanks!!
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
*sniff*... u guys are so lucky... we hardly have any guitar clinics and we also in the south. But at least we whipped you in cricket... woohoo! Lol, just kidding. Only major guy to come here (that would be south africa) is virgil donati, and apparently tony macalpine will be accompanying him this year. Thats just one bonus for us if it does happen... otherwise... *sniff* you lucky bastards