Gday U-G,

I recently went on a week long holiday, leaving my BC Rich Warlcok at home. I came back yesterday, and when I went to tap my 1st string to practice stretching, I realised that any note lower than the 5th fret on the 1st string was kind of muted. I noticed that the string was touching the frets, I know what needs to be done for repairs, but does anyone happen to know what would have caused this? I also hear that it got pretty warm a few times (38 celcius). Before I left there was no such problem.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
When I leave guitars for a while I losen the strings off this prevents tension from the strings pulling the neck forward this and the hot weather would have warped the neck slightly a truss rod adjustment is needed on your guitar now.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Quote by RozzLe
yea your guitar may have gotten warped a little from the heat. Was it in the sun at all?

no sun, im guessing the house wouldnt have gotten as hot as 38. I thought it would have been heat warping it, but i guess it was the string tension pulling, I also noticed a sting (1st) came out of the nut.

thanks for the help guys
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=