Page 1 of 5
If there were a Bible for guitarists, what would be the 10 commandments?

Thou shalt only play the full version of Smoke on the Water?
thou shall not delude yourself into thinking faster is better.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by BenShen
If there were a Bible for guitarists, what would be the 10 commandments?

Thou shalt only play the full version of Smoke on the Water?

If that is going to be a commandment, the next one must be:

Thou shalt not playeth this in any guitar store, not even thy full version.
Thou shalt not maketh fun of his bassist, for without him, he is nothing.

Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Thou shalt learn how to bend like a whammy bar without a whammy bar.

Thou shalt not be beaten to it
Thou shalt not think that thou is a God, just because thou can press 5 coloured buttons
Thou shalt unleash THE FOCKING FURY

Thou shalt PLAY IT WITH FEELING

Thou shalt Never Give Thou Up
Thou shall not go into a Guitar Center and try their hand at a Pantera song on the newest Razorback model.
Thou shalt not think of a guitar as a woman-magnet.

Thou shalt not make fun of bassists because they have fewer strings, but thou shalt make fun of drummers. Always. Even if they're dead.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by goest
Thou shall not go into a Guitar Center and try their hand at a Pantera song on the newest Razorback model.

+1

OT: Thou shall not play Smoke on the Water at any time to impress your fellow guitarists, in- or outside guitar stores.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

hes talkin bout dragonforce
Thou shalt recite the ancient line, "RIP Dimebag", whenever Dimebag Darrel, Pantera or Dean Guitars are mentioned.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Thou shalt NOT recite the ancient line, "RIP Dimebag", whenever Dimebag Darrel, Pantera or Dean Guitars are mentioned.

I fixed a little.
Quote by goest

DAM STRAIGHT. listen to this man he nows wat the fuk the score is!
Quote by DosMos
DAM STRAIGHT. listen to this man he nows wat the fuk the score is!

blaspemous heathen, burn...burn in hell.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

i am in hell
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Wait...

Is what I said blasphemous, or the fact that I should be worshiped as a god blasphemous?

I'm really on the fence on this one...
Thou shalt learn ALL of Stairway to Heaven, and then NEVER play it unless so requested of appropriately.
Quote by Rokeman
Thou shalt learn ALL of Stairway to Heaven, and then NEVER play it unless so requested of appropriately.

How about if we learned it, forgot it, and ignore every request?

Oh, and to stay on topic...

Thou shalt not preform distance fellatio on the glorious guitarists, because in doing so you shalt only appear as a piece of handcrafts man's equipment.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Sheepdragon
How about if we learned it, forgot it, and ignore every request?

Well, someone actually requested it of me today, while I had my acoustic out. I forgot how to play it halfway through, then remembered an hour later and finished it.

Also, thou shalt watch thy Pick of Destiny.
Quote by goest

HERETICS!!!!!!

Thou shalt not own chairs with arm rests.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Thou shalt not own chairs with arm rests.

HAHA! I've mastered the art of playing the instruments of the gods, the guitar, in chairs with arm rests!

Seriously, I just angle my guitar in a specific way and bend myself a bit forward in it, and it goes just fine.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Thou shall not attempt to play upside down ala Michael Angelo Batio-style if thou can't do it. Even when thou art drunk.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Thou shall not be "that guy" in the band who doesn't own a tuner, have an extra set of strings, picks, cable, spare batteries, know how to operate his own equipment, or show up to practice not knowing the required material.

Thou shall learn theory.

Thou shall come to the realization that John Mayer, Herman Li, Kirk Hammett, and Daron Malakian are not the guitar "heros", that they are made out to be.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Thouh shall annoy thine neighbours with the most holiest of rackets.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Thou shalt party like it's 1999
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Page 1 of 5