Hi, I've been building myself a strat from parts I've been getting, but have been wondering over what pickups to get. I have been recommended a config of a Bare Knuckle Trilogy suite in the bridge, and two BG-pups Phattys in the mid and neck positions. Does anyone know anything about the pickups, help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Yorgan at Jan 22, 2009,

Just go Guitarfetish. Same quality at a fraction of the price. Kthx

The Premium Alnico Strat Set (Three single coils, extra high quality) is AMAZING.
I've heard good things about Bareknuckles for example Steve Stevens, Billy Idol's Lead Guitar, uses them but they are a bit more than you're standard p/u if you live outside of the UK.
Quote by Yorgan
Hi, I've been building myself a strat from parts I've been getting, but have been wondering over what pickups to get. I have been recommended a config of a Bare Knuckle Trilogy suite in the bridge, and two BG-pups Phattys in the mid and neck positions. Does anyone know anything about the pickups, help would be appreciated.

Because of the pickups you are asking about this may sound like a stupid question but ... What type of music do you plan on playing?

What amp do you have?

Quote by AcousticLesPaul

Just go Guitarfetish. Same quality at a fraction of the price. Kthx

The Premium Alnico Strat Set (Three single coils, extra high quality) is AMAZING.

They are a vast improvement over stock MIM and squire pups but comparing GFS to a set Bare Knuckles or boutique, hand wound pups is like comparing a Ford to a Bentley
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by CorduroyEW
Because of the pickups you are asking about this may sound like a stupid question but ... What type of music do you plan on playing?

What amp do you have?

They are a vast improvement over stock MIM and squire pups but comparing GFS to a set Bare Knuckles or boutique, hand wound pups is like comparing a Ford to a Bentley

Do you have a problem with guitarfetish? I'd much rather have those Premiums over some Fralins, tbh.
Nah... I just know what I'm talking about. I even recommend GFS from time to time, in fact, I think I've done it in the last week. Just because they are great for you doesn't mean they are great for everybody. Different people have different needs and I try to give advised based on that. Blindly recommending one brand for every situation isn't giving and informed oppinion and doesn't really help anybody.
Not taking any online orders.