I am having trouble getting a Wah Wah pedal to work with the above amp. I though it was a problem with the pedal so I tried another pedal but this doesn't work either. Do I need to bypass the built in effects channels for it to work. A dummies guide required please.
doubt it. check the back for an 'effects loop' input.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Guitar -> pedal -> amp.

As long as the effects have power, this cannot in any way go wrong, regardless of what amp you're using and what built in effects it has.
Thanks for the reply. I know the second pedal has power because it is my guitar teacher's pedal and we were using it with another amp in my lesson.
Did you turn it on?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Yes, turning the effect on would be a good place to start.

Again, if you have the pedal between the guitar and the amp, then no settings on any amp can do anything to cause the pedal not to work. Either the pedals themselves are broken, or you're doing it wrong.

Does anything happen when you turn them on? Does the sound go dead?
Last edited by whoismilan at Jan 22, 2009,
Also if you tried another pedal maybe one of your cables is stuffed.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Thanks Guys!

Here's a checklist

Both leads work just with the guitar and amp

Dunlop Wah Wah works on different amp same guitar

When pedal is plugged in to line 6 amp and my guitar all presets work fine but wah wah sound doesn't

I've tried flicking the switch on the pedal on and off loads of times.

I am banging my head agains the wall wit this problem.......... any other suggestions would be welcome!
Does the pedal have power getting to it (is the battery dead or dying if its not plugged in?)
The batteries for both pedals have been replaced with brand new ones
Many wah pedals dont have any kind of output buffer in em so tend to have issues with long cables from pedal to amp. Could be the issue. The spider amps dont like to many pedals and might just be the issue with your wah.
^ No, the thing where people say that pedals don't work as well with Spiders as with tube amps, is because some effects just don't sound as good (that is, the quality, it sounds like crap, etc), but a Spider will not cause the pedal not to function.

Do you get sound when the effect is engaged, or does it go quiet?

Check if there are any loose wires in it. It could also be that the switch is broken.
Last edited by whoismilan at Jan 22, 2009,
Thanks for all your comments once again. The pedal is a dunlop Cry Baby, one of the classics I beleive, it definately does work as I said earlier.

The leads are quite long so maybe if i got a shorter lead from the amp to pedal it may work?
hi there i have the same amp but i noticed it dosnt ahve a pedal connection could this be why?
Quote by bow65s
I am having trouble getting a Wah Wah pedal to work with the above amp. I though it was a problem with the pedal so I tried another pedal but this doesn't work either. Do I need to bypass the built in effects channels for it to work. A dummies guide required please.

I don't think the 15w version supports wah wah pedals. I think you have to have atleast 30w to have a added slot to the amp
...are you plugging the cables in the right sides of the pedal? That causes some weird stuff to happen. It can be good or bad too. The other day, I had my tubescreamer in backwards and didn't realize I did it, and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out why I wasn't getting a signal out of my amp. On the opposite end, my cousin and I were playing through a fender bassman at his place and we threw an old fuzz pedal in backwards. When we turned it on, we started picking up radio conversations. It was pretty post rock.

Edit: Holy crap, what's with the bump?
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Last edited by Ferrets! at May 25, 2009,
3 month old thread. Let it fade away....
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.