Ok I got a bass amp yesterday.
It's a yamaha B100 III.
It has your normal 3 band EQ,but it also has two seperate parametric E.Qs.
The dials for the parametric E.Q's read:
Level:Goes from -5 (the lowest position) to 0 (the middle) then back up to + 5 (the highest).
Then we have a dial simply marked Q with a flatter line on one side and a pointier line on the other side.Is this something to do with waveforms?
Frequency:goes from 50 to 2.5K
Preset level goes from -5 to 0 to +5.
But there is also another set of dials.
LPF level: 0-10
Freq:100-5K
HPF level 0-10
Can ayone explain these to me?
I really don't get them?
Thanks
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
This type of EQ lets you select a frequency that you want to zero in on and then you can boost it or reduce it as you fee fit. I might be mistaken but I think the Q knob lets you select how wide the frequency range is that you are effecting. LPF stands for low pass filter and is like the "bass" on a normal eq. HPF is high pass filter and works as the treble.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
This type of EQ lets you select a frequency that you want to zero in on and then you can boost it or reduce it as you fee fit. I might be mistaken but I think the Q knob lets you select how wide the frequency range is that you are effecting. LPF stands for low pass filter and is like the "bass" on a normal eq. HPF is high pass filter and works as the treble.

^This

Although, i'd say LPF and HPF are not equivalent to bass and treble. Low cut generally works on the very lowest frequencies (less than 50Hz) and it's usually used to cut out noise and protect the speakers.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
man seeing a head like that makes me glad my amp has a 3 band boost only tone stack.

corduroy has it in a nutshell
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Ok thanks guys.
Have a cookie.Each of you.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.