Hey pit,

I'm looking around to buy a water softner. I come from a place with soft water and all this hard water (over 170ppm) is having adverse effects on me.

Now i hear there are 2 types. Ion exchange in which you use salt and the no salt types. The salt types seem to have a slippery feel to the water. I just want the one which will give me the most natural soft water possible. I think the no salt filters do that ?

Anyone have any experience using one of these things?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
hard ... liquid?

between this and that Metallica non singer kid my head is spinning.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
i think he is after that new diet water stuff? amirite ts?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
You guys seriously don't know what hard water is ?

Educate yourselves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Last edited by X-Boy at Jan 22, 2009,
How is "Hard water" having an adverse afect on you? Do you literaly **** bricks now? Damn, just pour yourself a glass of whatever water comes from the tap (unless its brown or something). I guarante you will be fine.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
rain water, drink it down.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by soulflyV
Just buy a water filter. A decent one.

This, dude just get a brita or something

and what are these adverse effects?
Umm it's not about drinking it. I can drink it fine. But i have dry skin and hard water leads to a lot of itchiness and on top of that the residue left on me mixes with the creme i apply and it become kind of pasty and burns sometimes...just a major hassle and it's not doing my skin any good.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Read it..
Still got no idea what it is...
What IS this for?

Edit: Don't worry about it..
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 22, 2009,
Theres suposed to be hard water where i live. It doesnt leave any residue on my skin. Maybe towel yourself dry after you take a shower? And softening up all the water oyu need for a shower would be pretty tough i would say.Dunno, maybe you have some kind of extra hard water.
Quote by X-Boy
Umm it's not about drinking it. I can drink it fine. But i have dry skin and hard water leads to a lot of itchiness and on top of that the residue left on me mixes with the creme i apply and it become kind of pasty and burns sometimes...just a major hassle and it's not doing my skin any good.

you know who you remind me of?

dude, water is water unless its dirty or contaminated or both.

EDIT: seriously, read that passage with Kyle Schwartz's voice in your head perfect!
The water is over 170ppm hard. That's very hard.

Like i said most people here don't have issues cause they grew up with it. But i've lived all my life in soft water. 17 years. And the sudden change is not appreciated by my body. Even my hair falls. I've lost quite a bit of hair. And now i know you guys might say that's not the water, but everytime i go back home the hairfall, extremely dry skin all revert back to normal after i have a couple of baths. When i get here, after a couple of baths back to the issues. Hey it's worth a try.

I was looking at this. http://waterfilter-review.com/aquasana-shower-filter-model-aq-4100/

Was hoping someone on UG had some experience but i guess not...
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by X-Boy
The water is over 170ppm hard. That's very hard.

Like i said most people here don't have issues cause they grew up with it. But i've lived all my life in soft water. 17 years. And the sudden change is not appreciated by my body. Even my hair falls. I've lost quite a bit of hair. And now i know you guys might say that's not the water, but everytime i go back home the hairfall, extremely dry skin all revert back to normal after i have a couple of baths. When i get here, after a couple of baths back to the issues. Hey it's worth a try.

I was looking at this. http://waterfilter-review.com/aquasana-shower-filter-model-aq-4100/

Was hoping someone on UG had some experience but i guess not...

nope, we're all uneducated stupid 14 year olds. we only are experienced in cumming blood, buttsex and mudkipz
I'm not saying that....but most people on here, don't really care about helping people. They just want to come into the thread make stupid remarks in hopes that people will find them funny and they'll become the next kensai.

There are loads of awesome users on here, but hugely outnumbered by the uneducated stupid 14 year olds. we only are experienced in cumming blood, buttsex and mudkipz
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

You know, you may just get used to it after some time.
Just read your water a few ****ty poems, n put on an old skool romance flick

should soften it up a bit
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Quote by X-Boy
I'm not saying that....but most people on here, don't really care about helping people. They just want to come into the thread make stupid remarks in hopes that people will find them funny and they'll become the next kensai.

There are loads of awesome users on here, but hugely outnumbered by the uneducated stupid 14 year olds. we only are experienced in cumming blood, buttsex and mudkipz

I fully agree with everything you say. I just found that funny, but I honestly have no experience with water hardness, so I'm afraid the only thing I can do is be a 19-year old idiot who leaves stupid (yet funny) remarks.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I fully agree with everything you say. I just found that funny, but I honestly have no experience with water hardness, so I'm afraid the only thing I can do is be a 19-year old idiot who leaves stupid (yet funny) remarks.

Core'ys Monster you are the funniest 19 yr old i know !!!
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by X-Boy
Core'ys Monster you are the funniest 19 yr old i know !!!

*marks X-Boy for possible candidate for "Awesome UG'ers list"*

flattery can get you anywhere
The opposite here. I thought hard water was non existant in developed areas. Hard water might be good as they say for drinking cause of the dissolved minerals, but it costs a lot of people money cause it leaves residues in heating systems, pipes, calcium marks on windows, etc etc...
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Boiling it, catch the condense with a plastic, and make it run into a big bucket

Demineralised water. Soft as a bunny

Not good for ye though
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Back in my day, water was water. Things sure have changed.

You live in Scotland, all the mains supply is soft water here. Which kind of makes me wonder why supermarkets up here sell water softeners.
I thought it was called heavy water, not hard water.

EDIT: No, its hard water. They're completely different.

Hey, I learned something today!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Last edited by americablanco at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by americablanco
I thought it was called heavy water, not hard water.

Heavy water is water containing large numbers of deuterium, and is used to produce tritium in the manufature of certain nuclear devices.
Hard water just ahs impurities that prevent it lathering with soap.
I'm confused...according to Wikipedia the majority of the UK is hard water based but I never have problems lathering with soap...
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm confused...according to Wikipedia the majority of the UK is hard water based but I never have problems lathering with soap...

when i lived in liecester (blaby) my soil and the surrounding soil was rich in clay, meaning the water board was not hard water. now i live in royston (cambridge) and the surrounding soil is rich in chalk (calcium) so we have very hard water. tis good for you though and i dont suffer what xboy does.....
Is there a pharmacy/chemist you could get some advice from at all?