Okay, I was thinking about painting Isabella, my bass. I like the color, so I'd probably paint it a similar color, but I'd like to have something unique, or at least cool looking. I was going to do it it glossy blue, with a flat blue anarchy symbol, but that seemed too stupid, and poser-ish.. what do you think? This is Izzy as is:

Last edited by herby190 at Jan 22, 2009,
don't touch it, you said yourself you like the original finish. You're probably only entertaining this idea because you're bored and if that's the case you'll regret doing it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
^^+1

If you want it to look different than what it does while still liking the finish thats on it currently, why not sticker it up?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
^^^^^+1
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by grifff
Dont put an anarchy sticker on it you will just look like the biggest tool ever IMO.

+1age for mr grifff.

if you're bored of how it looks, You could mibbie take the Pickup's out and paint them?
^ +1 to what everyone has said, just polish it, or do the pickups

if you really wanna paint it, I'd say do black flames or tribal or something up by the horns, and have the rest of it stay a similar color to what it is now
Yeah, I'm getting something to polish her (yes, I'm saying her, not it), until then, would just water work, or is there anything better I can use? The camera doesn't exactly do her justice, but it would still help.
A friend of mine painted his Yamaha Bass, here's a couple of pics if you need some inspiration:

As far as I know this was all done on top of the original finish and used normal craft paints (I'm ignorant of the the specifics), so it was a bit bumpy but I think it looks fantastic.

Edit: Also, check out these: Painted Player gallery. Personally, I do think you'll end up regretting the Anarchy symbol
Last edited by Jateca at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by grifff
Dont put an anarchy sticker on it you will just look like the biggest tool ever IMO.

this times a million.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Micehorns
Oooh there was a thread on the building and customizing forum involving an GRS200 being repainted. It looked fantastic afterwards, limme find it and link you.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019439

Why not try something like this?

Thanks, but I have nowhere near that amount of talent.

Btw, that's the GSR190, like mine. The only way to tell is there's 3 knobs, because the 200 has a fourth for the EQ.
Quote by Miss G
you should polish Izzy.

Quote by Aidy Damage
^ +1

Quote by silentdob
^^+1

Quote by dullsilver_mike
I third the motion that you give Izzy a good polishing instead of a refinishing.

Quote by ScottB.
^^^^^+1

Quote by Tostitos
^ +1 to what everyone has said, just polish it, or do the pickups

To all of you, those were older pictures. I polished her today, and now she's like a ****ing mirror. I love it.
Quote by Casketcreep
Agreed.

Is that a GSR200?
If so, go ahead, they aren't very expensive basses, and putting your own flair into something is always important in my book.

GSR190, even cheaper, but I can't afford a new one.
Quote by SHRED.

although i have the cream circuit it's those gray things right there.

...wrong thread?
Quote by grifff

Agreed times one thousand. If you put an anarchy sticker on your bass or anything, you better have taken steps to disassembling the government and structure of your city, state/province, and/or country. That is all I have to say about that.
Quote by skater dan0
don't touch it, you said yourself you like the original finish. You're probably only entertaining this idea because you're bored and if that's the case you'll regret doing it

This. If I made a list of the 20 stupidest, most regrettable things I have ever done, boredom would be the reason behind the vast majority of them. Just give it a good polish, and if you really want to mod something, swap out the pickups (if those are the stock pups) or the bridge, or install a D-tuner or whatever
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by thegiaco2112
this

...You see to have neglected to read the part where I tell everyone that that is in old picture.. I DO polish Izzy.
You can never polish a bass too many times.
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.
Take a chisel to it in a fit of rage. It'll look sweeet.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by dawson_monkey
You can never polish a bass too many times.

True, especially one with a cool color too it. I take pride in making Isabella look like a mirror... that picture was before I had anything to polish her with.