it would be pretty hard... You would need to like get top and bottom piece of acrilic. 2 side bits pretty thick and then cut out the shape and glue it down.... Although you don't want any glue getting inside. Or you could get a big bit of acrylic and route it out except for the bridge and pickup routes and control cavity and the jack. Its pretty hard all in all..
Its gonna need some good pickups though, I doubt it will have good sustain.
Quote by Dr. House
Its gonna need some good pickups though, I doubt it will have good sustain.

we would be talking TOP pickups. perhaps DiMarz, EMGs, or Dime bucker
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
you would need like factory routing skills. If you mess up one bit your going to be able to see it...
use a clear lucite body, that's what kirk used according to the cunning stunts DVD bonus thing about all of his road guitars. once you're ready for the liquid, cover the cavities to be filled with oil, then fill it up with the same kind of liquid in wave machines. i've got an idea for three separate guitars like that, but each with different color fluids and body shapes.
I think it'll look better if you routed out a load of of channels running through the guitar, like have a main chamber at the back of the guitar and then maybe rout out a series of channels going around following the line of the guitar and then rout channels that go around the pick ups and inbetween the bridge and controls, then when you have the two liquids in it it'll flow through the chambers when you move it, which will look pretty good i think.

Also it mean's you will only have to rout one big chamber at the back and then little (i'd say 3/4 inch) channels with the router. plus you'd still get some sustain as there would be solid blocks of plexiglass inbetween the channels

EDIT: also some kind of flourescnt oil material would look amazing, if your playing a gig and it's fairly dark you'd see all the flourscent oil flowing through the guitar
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Last edited by Daniel8488 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Daniel8488
I think it'll look better if you routed out a load of of channels running through the guitar, like have a main chamber at the back of the guitar and then maybe rout out a series of channels going around following the line of the guitar and then rout channels that go around the pick ups and inbetween the bridge and controls, then when you have the two liquids in it it'll flow through the chambers when you move it, which will look pretty good i think.

Also it mean's you will only have to rout one big chamber at the back and then little (i'd say 3/4 inch) channels with the router. plus you'd still get some sustain as there would be solid blocks of plexiglass inbetween the channels

EDIT: also some kind of flourescnt oil material would look amazing, if your playing a gig and it's fairly dark you'd see all the flourscent oil flowing through the guitar

Only if you also had a lamp producing light of the required wavelength to excite the fluorescent component. Fluorescence isn't the same as glow-in-the-dark after UV exposure.

Fluorescence is a luminescence that is mostly found as an optical phenomenon in cold bodies, in which the molecular absorption of a photon triggers the emission of a photon with a longer (less energetic) wavelength.

You could mount a cold cathode UV tube in a cavity to the rear of the guitar, and use a fluorescent liquid that responds to UV. WIN
good pickups, good bridge, and experience with making things out of plexi-glass. also, do what hammet was originally going to do, fill the guitar with your piss. lol.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
wow, that would be quite the undertaking. it would be awesome if you used something that was UV reactive for it. does anyone have any idea how they got the liquid in once it was assembled? or was it put together and sealed somehow with the liquid in there.
They make the one side with the cavities, fill it with liquid, then glue the other side on to seal it
Quote by dxpaintball8000

Lol Dimebucker =/= TOP pickup.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by metalhead_c-1
good pickups, good bridge, and experience with making things out of plexi-glass. also, do what hammet was originally going to do, fill the guitar with your piss. lol.

Imagine what people would pay for that guitar if it was filled with his piss.
Quote by dxpaintball8000

The S.Duncan Dimebucker is over rated use a Bill Lawrence XL500L. The Dimebucker is a copy model of the Xl500L. It comes down to $50 for the xl500l or $100 Dimebucker.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by halvies
wont it sound like crap cos most of a guitar's tone come from wood?

not like crap, it wouldnt have much life to it, kinda plain.

but wouldnt you have alot of sustain?

i looked into building an acrylic guitar once, i found out a big enough piece to build a guitar with would cost $80-$100.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by guitarcam123
you would need like factory routing skills. If you mess up one bit your going to be able to see it...

He might as well just have it machined by a company if he's going to do this, seriously TS, do this and you will be a lucky man for being able to pull it off.

Quote by conor1148
not like crap, it wouldnt have much life to it, kinda plain.

but wouldnt you have alot of sustain?

i looked into building an acrylic guitar once, i found out a big enough piece to build a guitar with would cost $80-$100.

There's not much wrong for that price. A good slab of wood will run you about that much...
It'll sound fine, so long as you have a snug neck joint and some decent pickups (NOT DIMEBUCKERS! ) .

Remember, If it's gonna be full of pee, you have to find a way to keep it fresh
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Comrade Curry

There's not much wrong for that price. A good slab of wood will run you about that much...

around here you pay maybe $30-$50 for a good slab of wood at the lumber yards,

you, good sir, are having your wallet molested.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I can tell you first hand it's ALOT more work than you might think!I built a les paul shaped one.
I am honestly astonished that this has gotten to the second page without someone suggesting putting water and fish in it.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by Baconfish
I am honestly astonished that this has gotten to the second page without someone suggesting putting water and fish in it.

That's because mister "hardwood666" bumped a dying thread.
Touché sir, I did not notice that and now I feel silly.
I sometimes wonder how people find these obscure threads.

Also, how in the hell do you plan to feed these fish/remove them once they die?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by Jason Jillard
fill it with beer, add a straw.

thanks... now i just have to make that
Gear

Guitar :
Supreme Black Devil (LP copy)
Jackson RR3
Levin Lg-4 Acoustic
Amp
Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Effects
TL-2 Metal Distortion - Hardwire
Crybaby GCB-95 - Dunlop
Quote by dxpaintball8000

None of those are really considered "top" pickups. DiMarzio, EMG and Seymour Duncan (the brand that makes the dimebucker, which is really nothing compared to some stuff SD make), top pickups are handwired boutique, think Bareknuckle, Bartolini, Rio Grande etc etc.

But yeah, it should be fairly simple, just like a chambered guitar, but with plexi glass and a bit of blue coloured liquid, though you should do what Kirk Hammett originally wanted and piss in it
Quote by Punk_Ninja
None of those are really considered "top" pickups. DiMarzio, EMG and Seymour Duncan (the brand that makes the dimebucker, which is really nothing compared to some stuff SD make), top pickups are handwired boutique, think Bareknuckle, Bartolini, Rio Grande etc etc.

But yeah,
it should be fairly simple, just like a chambered guitar, but with plexi glass and a bit of blue coloured liquid, though you should do what Kirk Hammett originally wanted and piss in it

well, in a chambered guitar, the chambers don't need to have perfect edges..

with the plexiglass, you'd need to get your chambers perfect, with consistant edges

still possible, but..probably not as easy as with a guitar
Quote by bv310
I sometimes wonder how people find these obscure threads.

Also, how in the hell do you plan to feed these fish/remove them once they die?

You don't - They're like Disco Stu's shoes.
Quote by deftonesordie
Remember, If it's gonna be full of pee, you have to find a way to keep it fresh

I'm certain that if you put pee in your guitar I don't think you would care about the freshness of it...
Recommended threads
weird song
yoyo9333
Last post:
by tobythechimp
Svalbard
kryptonite22
Last post:
by kryptonite22