I'm looking to buy a new guitar and have found this one for a good price. I've only read good things about takamine so far. The things is I can't find much information about the guitar when I try google the model name.

Does anyone know, what does it sound like? Is it good? How much would this guitar be worth (used)? Would it be something else you would pick/recommend for me in the same price range? Also, does this guitar has a built-in tuner?

I've also found a pretty good deal on TAKAMINE EAN 20 C JUMBO. Quite a different guitar but how do they differ soundwise, which one would you chose and why?

I'm very happy for any response to this to help me decide!

Cheers!
Quote by bulan880
I'm looking to buy a new guitar and have found this one for a good price. I've only read good things about takamine so far. The things is I can't find much information about the guitar when I try google the model name.

Does anyone know, what does it sound like? Is it good? How much would this guitar be worth (used)? Would it be something else you would pick/recommend for me in the same price range? Also, does this guitar has a built-in tuner?

I've also found a pretty good deal on TAKAMINE EAN 20 C JUMBO. Quite a different guitar but how do they differ soundwise, which one would you chose and why?

I'm very happy for any response to this to help me decide!

Cheers!

HI

I got my takamine pt05ec there's now 3 YEARS ago and basicly it's an amazing guitar...
I know it's hard to get informations about it....so is to find someone who's crazy enough to sell that kind of guitar...
I think this model is now at least 10 to 15 years old ....
It's a polyvalent guitar, very confortable to play, even as lead and solos..the pre-amplifier CT-4B2 is excellent..so are the woods used..I think i bought it for about 1000e in denmark and it definitly worse it...
You probably already made your choice since january 2009...sorry about that...
But if you have the opportunity to buy one, go for it mate..

barbedouce