the pickup slector on my sg copy is shot, i have to press the metal part's together for it to work and even then i cant switch between pickups without it cutting out.
ive tried to get a replacement, but i cant order over the internet and my guitar stores dont have them.
so my question is, can i use any three-way switch such as one from jaycar or other electronic shops, or does it have to be a switch specifically for guitar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
None of your local music shops have 3 way selectors? I guess you could go to radio shack and see what they have.
i found three way switches but they look completely different too guitar ones, and im asking if any three-way switch will do or are the guitar pickup selecotrs different in any way to regular switches besideds looks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
I am not sure if there are any differences or not. I can't imagine that a switch would be too expensive so you could just pick one up and try it. I don't think it would hurt anything. At the worst, it probably just wouldn't work.
thanks for that ill give it a try
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"