I need a shred solo, moderate difficulty (moderate is easy for shredding i suppose since i've never really found an easy shred) cause I need it for some filler at my gig tonight...i was thinking a medley of Far Beyond the Sun and Canon Rock or just learning the intro to Cliffs of Dover followed by some scale runs.

any other suggestions?

the gig is a battle of the bands and two of my friends are hosting so they're having one of my friends run on stage and air guitar while I play from an amp backstage.
...this is the last line of my post
Last edited by bound by metal at Jan 22, 2009,
Scarified! Best shread ever, wish i could play it
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Eugenes trick bag
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
Eugenes trick bag

i had been considering this one as well but arpeggios kill me
Eruption is as easy as it gets
For shredding anyway
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Yep..Eruption is good. Tapping is one of the easier things you can do to look impressive. I did some fairly effortless two string tapping as an intro when I played with a band at a talent show in my college. I got a huge applause. Even though we went on playing a simple corny love song
I'd just improvise one. If you want it to be easy, use an A Pentatonic and when it gets old, shift up an octave. You can easily go on for a few minutes doing this.
Quote by hippotato7
can you not improv one?

well i mean it goes without saying i'm going to improv but i always like to throw in a phrase or lick or something from some shreds and some of the people in the audience would get it. It's like an inside joke with music...

lol?
Far Beyond the Sun would be my first choice. Honestly though You should look into a little bit of something from Megadeth not the biggest fan but they have somewhat decent shred sections. Like I said, the Far Beyond the sun solo is easy to go for several minutes on, and it fits well into scarified since they are the same key, although I don't know if the tunings are the same, i think both are in Eb standard.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
Try ride the lightning or tornado of souls.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
In the Name of God - Dream Theater
The main guitar/keyboard duet at 8:35
My Space Add me, I want some UG people on there

Gear
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG7321
OLP John Petrucci Sig Model
'78 Martin D-28
Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt
Peavey Backstage 15 Watt