Hey, just got john frusciante's latest solo album and the opening track 'Before The Beginning' has got me hooked. i need to know how to play it but it would take me days or trial and error to work it out, any help is appreciated
Yeh its a cool song You listened to Today? Awesome tune.

Err, about your Tab now... I think i saw someone say it was a tribute to Maggotbrains Funkadelic, which seems to be kinda right since i think "before the beginning" is in E etc.

I know its quite a slow song, so id just noodle about in the Eminor pentatonic..

I think for that song less is more kinda thing, since thats what Frusciante seems to do in it. I was hoping he was gonna throw in some fast runs or something. But maybe thats something you could do over it?
Last edited by steeLmonkeyz at Jan 22, 2009,
ooh thanks! that funkadelic song is remarkably similiar. both tunes are awesome, very atmospheric!

and yeah Today is an ace track, so is the other bonus track
Last edited by riffochristy at Jan 22, 2009,
Yeh sorry i couldn't be more helpful with the tab n all, i've never actually had to work anything like that out, or write a tab out so ye :P

The maggotbrain is tabbed anyways, so id check that out for a few ideas maybe
i'll try and get a proper tab up soon, I've been wanting to learn this song ever since I've heard the new record.