Before anyone yells "NO MEDICAL PROBLEMS!!!! OMFG!!!", i'm not asking medical advice.

The other day I found blood on toilet paper after taking a "number 2".

I went to the doctor and explained symptoms and in the end he said that it was mainly straining, and possibly diet.

But he didn't actually check anything.

Should I be looking for a 2nd opinion, one that will check it further? Or do I trust his proffesional opinion to analyse my symptoms?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Well, if blood keeps pouring from your anus I would probably get another opinion.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Go to another doctor.

He's obviously a moron.

Seriously, would someone strain so much and rip his asshole, and not be able to notice it for himself?
You're wiping your ass too hard

EDIT: Read below..
see another doctor if it's really bothering you
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 22, 2009,
Sowrongitsmatt: Yes, let us be soulmates of the anal blood

And it also happened a few months ago. But it was only the smallest amount and a bit of pain in the stomach so I do think the doctor could be right. But is it safe to let him assume?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I would stop being a pussy.

It happens
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
If its fresh red blood I wouldn't worry too much. If its really dark, or brownish/black, then its something more internal and worth a second opinion.
Quote by Cianyx
You're wiping your ass too hard

EDIT: Read below..
see another doctor if it's really bothering you

Hahahaha.

Unless it happens all the time i wouldn't be worried. If you are worried though, i'd make sure you clean your arse next time you go to the doctors, because you'll probably get the rubber glove treatment.
Well it is fresh, and that's why the doctor doesn't seem worried in the slightest. A few people I know also have this. If it happens again I suppose I will ask another doctor, but this is a common thing supposedly.

Thanks everyone

EDIT: You aren't meant to wash your anus with soap because it is an irritant. Only water. Just so you all know. Doctor told me.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Last edited by thanksgiving at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by zhilla
If its fresh red blood I wouldn't worry too much. If its really dark, or brownish/black, then its something more internal and worth a second opinion.

+1

I have blood on my paper sometimes, from wiping to hard. your anus is actually a really delicate muscle, so poking around to hard sometimes results in minor rips.

but if it's really dark, or keeps on, see another doctor.

also, don't go to that doctor again, he seems to be an idiot.
Since I have the same problem, I'll ask a question.

There was like, a lot of blood. It only happened once though, there didn't seem to be any blood afterwards. Does this make a difference? I'm rather worried.

I asked my friend, he said I have incurable butt cancer. I'm not inclined to believe him, so...?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

I asked my friend, he said I have incurable butt cancer. I'm not inclined to believe him, so...?

You should.
had something similar as well, had to get my ass checked, but since I was seriously ill at the same time they just gave me something to prevent it from bleeding (was some sort of glass tube I had to crack and then drink) and i've never had problems with it again.

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Since I have the same problem, I'll ask a question.

There was like, a lot of blood. It only happened once though, there didn't seem to be any blood afterwards. Does this make a difference? I'm rather worried.

If the blood was bright red then you are pretty safe, but go to the doctor if it happens again. Also, eat vegetables and fruit, and don't strain when you poop. And start eating breakfast if you don't.

Quote by Våd Hamster

I've seen enough South Park to know that you're just turning into a man.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.