http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=3&cat=63&id=318

well i tried it out at the store and i really like it, and it meets all my requirements for an amp.
1. under 50lbs
2. good clean and overdrive
3. blues amp
4. loud enough for most gigs
5. works well with pedals

reason i made this thread is because Im concerned...
about if this amp sounds good when miced at gigs, or clean enough for recording, stuff like that..
also, does this amp really sound good ...to me it sounds pretty good but obviously theres no way for me to try out every single amp in the world...
so i need your help

thank you very much
I play on one of those. I'm not that good of a player yet, but sometimes when I improve a little or play something nice, this amp just absolutely shines and sounds so beautiful. Also nice that it has a Master Volume, so you can get tube distortion with not so loud volume.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by alimark12
they're great! it's like Canada's "Marshall" tube

arnt marshall tubes like 2000+ ? lol
Well it's only a 50W combo, you're not getting a 100W head. But anyway, think of Traynor as a hidden gem from Canada, although a lot of people know about them.

The custom valve 50 blue has a distortion channel that is similar to the Marshall JCM800 of the 80s, this is what a lot of hard rock bands from the 80s used. It also has a clean channel that is supposed to be similar to the Marshall Blues Breaker, or at least that's what I've been told.

What I can tell you from having one is that the clean channel has a nice warm tone and the distortion channel has that "crunch" that some of those hard rock bands have like Guns n Roses and AC/DC and such.

They're not metal amps by the way. But I don't play metal at all so I don't really care. Also it's worth looking at Traynor YCS-50 (Custom Special). It has british and american voicing for even more versatility.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Last edited by MustangSVT at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by MustangSVT

They're not metal amps by the way. But I don't play metal at all so I don't really care. Also it's worth looking at Traynor YCS-50 (Custom Special). It has british and american voicing for even more versatility.

thats good cuz i dont play a bit of metal.
ill give that amp a try as well thanks
Quote by Tackleberry
Traynor is supposed to be really good amps.

in what way do u mean
Its a great amp, very classic rock, Marshally overdrive channel and a great pristine clean channel. You could check out the YCS-50, but it's more of a jack of all trades amp, which means it'll do almost any sound you need decently. While the ycv-50 if great for clean and classic rock, and that blues tone in between. I live in Canada so I've tried them quite a bit.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
How does the smaller 40W stand up if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to crash your gig luyezi but I've just seen one of these on eBay for £300 and that looks like it might be a bargain.
the ycv-40 is also very good, it's pretty much the same thing as the ycv-50 but with ten less watts and a bit less gain, and possibly fewer features than the 50w, but I'm not %100 on the features on the ycv40. They both sound practically identical on the clean channel and almost the same on the overdrive side, and they both sound great.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I have clips of the YCS50 in my profile if you want to hear that one too. Or rather, covers my band has done, but its all done with the clean channel of the YCS50
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
I have clips of the YCS50 in my profile if you want to hear that one too. Or rather, covers my band has done, but its all done with the clean channel of the YCS50

sounds pretty good
btw ur singer is pretty good too
You should be very satisfied with that model amp. Try a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe if you're still undecided. But Traynors are very sweet amps. AL
I've used a Traynor YCV-40 as well, it's a bit more blues oriented than the 50. On the 40's distortion channel, it's a bit more classic rock oriented (like 70s), whereas the 50 is a bit more "hard rock" oriented (like 80s), but they're not that different. Just the 40 has a bit less distortion.

Also the 40 does not have a Master Volume control, so you have to crank it loud to get tube distortion going. It does have a "Presence" control though, which the 50 doesn't have.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by luyezi27
arnt marshall tubes like 2000+ ? lol

Exactly!

Quote by luyezi27
sounds pretty good
btw ur singer is pretty good too

Thanks man, that's me.

When I was looking at amps I did try out the YCV50 blue, and I do have to say, it really roars. I went with the YCS because it seemed a lot more versatile to me, but that's not to say I didn't like the 50Blue.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.