So, I'm looking to pick up 1 or 2 guitars, as my capabilities are evolving. Sadly, I'm not that well versed yet in the gear department.

I'm looking at the $800 range per guitar. Not really looking to spend much more per.

I'm into rock and metal. Everything from classic rock, to hard rock, to things like 5FDP, KSE, Trivium, All that Remains, BFMV and the like.

Currently I'm looking at the Shecter C-1 Classic (Passive SD's) and the Shecter C-1 Blackjack ATX (Active Blackouts). They seem to have good reviews and fall into the price range. I've read/heard that active pups seem to be better for metal, and passive seem to be more in line with classic and hard rock.

At the same time, I have friends that are like "man, for that much you could order a Jackson, ESP, or Ibanez". Telling me that it would be the better choice.

I've also noticed the Epiphone Prophecy line.

I guess I'm really looking for some opinions. I've been playing a little over a year, I know I want to keep on going, but I've been working a LOT of overtime lately, and I feel I deserve to treat myself at least a little bit!

One problem though. I'm left handed.
Last edited by jgleason82 at Jan 22, 2009,