Page 1 of 2
Those are opinions. No flaming (or anything like that) intend.

Is it just me, or anyone noticed that Edguy has a style that is incredibly alike to Iron Maiden's? Not only Tobias's voice, but everything, the Guitars, Bass, etc.

Seeing a Concert made by Edguy and Iron Maiden would be killer, wouldn't it?

EDIT: LMFAO IT'S MY FIRST THREAD HERE WHICH DOESN'T GET LOCKED
Last edited by XGhacker at Jan 22, 2009,
Not sure about this. A lot of Edguy's songs are like 3-4 minute pop songs... something Iron Maiden has NEVER done.
I have seen them live yesterday. Amazing show, and I think they are better than Iron Maiden.

And no, they have only a FEW "pop" songs. Why don't you listen to Mysteria, The Piper Never Dies, Tears Of A Mandrake, The Pharaoh, Babylon, Out Of Control, ... ? They are not pop songs, they are great metal songs.
Yeah... just check out Superheroes. I know a few other songs, but this one does sound like Iron Maiden vocally, but its POP ROCK! haha not metal...
But, they DON'T sound like Maiden...

Quote by Poglia
I have seen them live yesterday. Amazing show, and I think they are better than Iron Maiden.

*facepalm*
I've found Jesus
Quote by lethaldosage45
Not sure about this. A lot of Edguy's songs are like 3-4 minute pop songs... something Iron Maiden has NEVER done.

Tell me you're being sarcastic.
Quote by lethaldosage45

"Pop"? Edguy having "pop" songs? Don't insult them .
And... regarding 3 ~ 4 minutes:
Rainmaker.
The Wicker Man.
The Trooper.
Aces High.
Holy Smoke.
Wrathchild.
Flight of the Icarus.
The Evil That Men Do.
The Mercenary.

Iron Maiden has 4 ~ 5 minute tracks too.
Quote by Contraband
*facepalm*
I find them more original... all Iron Maiden songs are similar to each other. They are not a crap band, but I don't like them so much.
Quote by Poglia
I think they are better than Iron Maiden.

Uh oh.

Edguy are barely even metal by my standards. They're a really catchy pop-rock band, nothing more nothing less.
Quote by XGhacker
"Pop"? Edguy having "pop" songs? Don't insult them .

If that video I posted wasn't pop... wow, guess MCR really are metal.

Quote by Poglia
I find them more original...

Ripping off other bands is original now? That's good news for Evile, that.
Quote by Danno13
Very strongly influenced by Maiden, yes.

Agreed.

Quote by Poglia

And no, they have only a FEW "pop" songs. Why don't you listen to Mysteria, The Piper Never Dies, Tears Of A Mandrake, The Pharaoh, Babylon, Out Of Control, ... ? They are not pop songs, they are great metal songs.

Well, they aren't better IMO, but they sound very alike.
And, I don't find any "pop rock" songs, only hard rock and heavy/ power metal.

Quote by lethaldosage45
Yeah... just check out Superheroes. I know a few other songs, but this one does sound like Iron Maiden vocally, but its POP ROCK! haha not metal...

"All the clowns"
"9-2-9"
"speedhoven"
"ministry of saints"
They have REALLY good metal songs IMO.

Quote by Contraband
But, they DON'T sound like Maiden...

*facepalm*

They sound VERY alike to Maiden IMO.
Quote by Vermintide
Edguy are barely even metal by my standards. They're a really catchy pop-rock band, nothing more nothing less.
Listen to the song I posted above and tell me that they are pop.
Quote by Poglia
I find them more original... all Iron Maiden songs are similar to each other. They are not a crap band, but I don't like them so much.

That's not called being more original. That's called Maiden being repetitive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since every album they put out managed to have its own vibe, even if it wasn't great all the way (ie. Virtual XI).

But, Maiden on the other hand gave a huge helping hand to future metal. Edguy is just there making rather boring power metal for the most part.
I've found Jesus
Quote by truiteleague
Eduy = PowerMetal
Iron Maiden = Heavy Metal
definitely not

Wikipedia can be and is wrong sometimes, they have many Hard rock/ Heavy metal albums.

That's not called being more original. That's called Maiden being repetitive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since every album they put out managed to have its own vibe, even if it wasn't great all the way (ie. Virtual XI).

But, Maiden on the other hand gave a huge helping hand to future metal. Edguy is just there making rather boring power metal for the most part.

We're not talking about helped/ contributed more/ better, we're talking about sounding alike, etc.

And no dude, Maiden aren't repetitive, tell me how Fear of the dark sounds alike to number of the beast.
Wicker man to holy smoke.
They have very varied styles.

Like, from a song like Wrathchild/ The Trooper, to songs like Blood brothers/ sign of the cross. They vary alot in their style and aren't repetitive.
Quote by XGhacker
Wikipedia can be and is wrong sometimes, they have many Hard rock/ Heavy metal albums.
Edguy were Power Metal until Rocket Ride, now they are more hard rock. Definitely not pop (except a few songs) even in the last album.
Quote by Poglia
Edguy were Power Metal until Rocket Ride, now they are more hard rock. Definitely not pop (except a few songs) even in the last album.

I said many, not all .
Quote by XGhacker

And no dude, Maiden aren't repetitive, tell me how Fear of the dark sounds alike to number of the beast.
Wicker man to holy smoke.
They have very varied styles.

*gallop gallop gallop gallop gallop*

*high vocals*

*harmonizing*

*solo*

Not repetitive at all, no
Quote by webbtje

*high vocals*

*harmonizing*

*solo*

Perhaps the same could be said of ALL religions metal.
Not saying it's a bad thing. Saying Maiden aren't repetitive is just stupid.

MY RELIGION HAS STUFF IN LATIN DAMMIT
Quote by webbtje

*high vocals*

*harmonizing*

*solo*

If so every song in the world is repetitive.
* intro intro intro*
*vocals + chorus&
*verses*
*solo* (<-- except for stupid Pop songs).
*Outro*

See? Pop are best in the world, they're not repetitive.

Be serious please
Besides, they play on different scales/ octaves on most songs. Maiden aren't repetitive -_-
I am being serious. Super serious.

You must not listen to very much metal if you think everything goes verse-chorus-verse.
Quote by webbtje
I am being serious. Super serious.

You must not listen to very much metal if you think everything goes verse-chorus-verse.

Judas Priest/ Iron Maiden/ Dio/ Black Sabbath/ Edguy/ Hammerfall/ DragonForce (don't ask)/ Twisted Sister/ Gary Moore/ and more.
sound nothing like maiden...much more highs and crunch....maiden is more melodic

singer sounds like a cheap man's bruce...nowhere near bruce's chops
Quote by korinaflyingv
Edguy really is just pop-metal, they write songs that are catchy, but have no real interesting features.
Listen to Theater Of Salvation, The Pharaoh, Tears Of A Mandrake, The Piper Never Dies... pop?
Quote by korinaflyingv
Maiden are repetitive, to the point of annoyance in some cases, but they are one hell of a lot better than Edguy IMO, and obviously much more influential. Edguy really is just pop-metal, they write songs that are catchy, but have no real interesting features.

IMO they're just as good.
But Maiden aren't repetitive, unless you put them in an order of like, number of the beast -> run to the hills -> Flight of the Icarus etc. then no ****, ofcourse it'll be repetitive.
Put a Playlist with Maiden songs and put it on Random, you'll see they're not repetitive at all.

I don't see how people think Edguy are "Pop- metal", hear songs like:
All the clowns.
Ministry of Saints.
9-2-9.
Dragonfly.
Speedhoven.
Sex Fire Religion.
and such, you'll see that it's not pop- metal.
Quote by XGhacker
I don't see how people think Edguy are "Pop- metal", hear songs like:
All the clowns.
Ministry of Saints.
9-2-9.
Dragonfly.
Speedhoven.
Sex Fire Religion.
and such, you'll see that it's not pop- metal.
Actually these are the most pop songs. Listen to old stuffs, way less pop and more epic/power metal. They used to sound like Helloween.
Quote by Poglia
Actually these are the most pop songs. Listen to old stuffs, way less pop and more epic/power metal. They used to sound like Helloween.

Excuse me but I find those pure heavy/ power Metal, I'll take a look at the older ones.
But... Like Helloween? No way O_O".
Quote by Poglia

"Epic metal" isn't a genre.

Iron Maiden are repetitive, but still a great band (go see them live).

Edguy is boring.

That is all.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband

Edguy is boring.

That is all.

I don't see how Maiden are repetitive, I hear them all day and I never found it repetitive in any way.

And Edguy, I sometimes listen to them all day long, just like Iron Maiden and Lordi, and NEVER get bored.
Quote by XGhacker
Judas Priest/ Iron Maiden/ Dio/ Black Sabbath/ Edguy/ Hammerfall/ DragonForce (don't ask)/ Twisted Sister/ Gary Moore/ and more.

So yeah, basically all bands that have verse-chorus verse. Whereas this vaunted thing called 'other genres of metal' actually have some interesting song structures once in a while.
Quote by webbtje
So yeah, basically all bands that have verse-chorus verse. Whereas this vaunted thing called 'other genres of metal' actually have some interesting song structures once in a while.

We're obviously talking about Power/ Heavy metal, seeing as how both Bands I've mentioned, are Heavy metal, and Edguy is also power metal.
Are we now? Would have been helpful to say that at the start, darl. Especially when you say this:

Quote by XGhacker
If so every song in the world is repetitive.
* intro intro intro*
*vocals + chorus&
*verses*
*solo* (<-- except for stupid Pop songs).
*Outro*

Obviously every song in the world should be taken as 'the already somewhat repetitive and stagnant genre of power metal.'
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Contraband

Edguy is boring.

That is all.
With "epic" I mean long and symphonic songs like Theater Of Salvation.

Iron Maiden are a good band indeed, I just PREFER Edguy.

Edguy are not boring in my opinion. Iron Maiden songs are all similar (gallop, harmonizing, fast rhythm, etc) while Edguy have different kinds of songs:

- Typical power metal like Helloween: Golden Dawn, All The Clowns
- Epic and symphonic songs: Theater Of Salvation, Speedhoven
- Heavy metal songs: Mysteria, Under The Moon
- Hard rock songs: Lavatory Love Machine, Dead Or Rock
- "Pop" songs: Superheroes, 9-2-9
- Ballads: Save Me, Land Of The Miracle
- Piano-only ballads: Sands Of Time, The Spirit Will Remain

Iron Maiden have:

- Gallop
- Gallop
- Gallop
- Gallop
- Gallop
- Gallop
- Slow song
Quote by webbtje
Are we now? Would have been helpful to say that at the start, darl.

And you didn't notice it yourself?
Page 1 of 2