Dear ug im slighty worried about my future, i turn 18 this year and im in grade 11. Anyways i have no idea what i would like to as a career, and dont really know what id like to try, im sure some of u have been in my situation somewhat. Any advice or tips would be cool
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Buy a few shares from Enron. It solved my problems.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Believe it or not, almost every 18 year old is in the exact same situation. Nothing to worry about.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Become a gigolo until you find out what you want to be.

Okay, seriously now your not alone. Majority of people your age dont know what they really want, and those that do, I can bet that the majority of them will change their mind half-way through university. Im 20 and I dont know what I want to do!
Quote by IDread
Believe it or not, almost every 18 year old is in the exact same situation. Nothing to worry about.

I guess thats good to hear
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
I suggest staying in education as long as you can, things aren't going too well for the working guy about now and it'll help you sort your future out.
dude, quit worrying

Im 28 and still have no idea career wise what I wanna do. Im in a good job that pays awesome, but I doubt Ill do this the rest of my life.

kick back and enjoy the ride

plus the world ends Dec 21, 2012 anyways - so you have a few years left to enjoy

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Back of the line bub.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
**** lots of women. Don't get tied down to one woman. You've gotta get lots of women. You're almost 18, now? You've gotta a little bit of time left. Get the young stuff while you still can. You turn 18 and that's jail bait.
Quote by Tyler Durden

plus the world ends Dec 21, 2012 anyways - so you have a few years left to enjoy

haha yeah im 18 myself and in this same position.

i dont even know what to think about 12/21/12.....i almost dont even want to bother and just do as much as i can until that day. rather than bust my ass in school and then die 3 years from now doing all that hard work for nothing
ts, i know what you're going through, but i'll put it in easy words.

you will grow hairs in strange places and begin to notice the opposit sex.
your breasts will also enlarge and you may begin bleeding from your sandy vag
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Man, you're going through what most every other 18 year old is going through, and believe me, none of them have it figured out either. If you're doing even half way decent in high school as far as grades are concerned, then go to college (even if it's a junior college). I know it sounds like a bitch after 12 years of elementary, junior high, and high school, but in today's society the better the education, the better chances for having a career rather than a job. Sure there are exceptions out there, but put the odds in your favor.

If money is an issue in going to college, then apply for Pell grants. Grants are different than scholarships in that you don't pay them back. You have to show a financial need for them based on your income and the income of your parents. Apply for them every year. If you are making really good grades then apply for scholarships every year as well. I made it through 4 years of college and didn't owe a penny when I graduated due to scholarships and grants. ANYONE who wants to go to college can.

After graduating college, or even if you don't go to college, find something in life that you truly enjoy doing. There's nothing worse than going to a "job" that you hate. Life is too short to waste time doing something you can't stand or get no sense of satisfaction out of doing. Keep in mind that you may start out doing something that you truly enjoy, but several years down the line your tastes may change. There is nothing saying you can't change your career down the line. It will be a little easier if you have that college education backing you up.

Bottom line... do something that you love and that will be satisfying to you. You won't go wrong regardless of how much money you make.
Last edited by Whiskey Tango at Jan 22, 2009,
You should go back to the future.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by metaldud536
So what are you doing now?

I'm an information technology manager at a university (during the day), and a lead/rythmn guitar player on the weekends.