80's
56 30%
90's
30 16%
00's - Present
29 15%
Voters: 189.
Page 1 of 2
Which decade do you think held the greatest achievements in music history? Pretty self explanatory....I believe the 60's personally, with the whole "british invasion" and Black Sabbath and Zeppelin emerging.
Last edited by Solteris at Jan 22, 2009,
60's

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Last half of the 80's and first half of the 90's imo.

That and the late 70s.
80's by a mile. You gotta love the hair, synth, solo's and all-round ****ing awesomeness!
90s: Temple of The Dog, Mad Season, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Candlebox, RATM (I hate them, but Tom Morello is a god), Metallica (Black album), GNR (Use Your Illusion), Bush, Weezer, The Offspring, Green Day, and Pantera.
This has been done, but I would say that I listen to mostly the 80's and up.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
The 2000's. It has been the greatest decade for music with how easily accessable and easy it is to listen, play, and record music. While most mainstream music isn't "good" to UG's standards now, in what decade was it?

The internet is one of music's greatest moments.
Quote by JacobTheMe

It has also lead to the over-exposure of hordes of crap bands, with people who listen to them because they're friends on Myspazz rather than actually liking their music. Bit of a double-edged sword there.
Quote by webbtje
Pre 20th century? No?

Webb, spectacular new avatar, by the way.

My favourite music comes from the 80s, early 90s, and this decade.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Yeah, I just made this poll up really quick, I totally forgot to put an "Earlier than the 60's" category and made it 50's. Just treat that poll option like an earlier than the other decades category.
man, this decade has been spectacular. no other decade comes close to how diverse this decade has been.
Quote by JacobTheMe
While most mainstream music isn't "good" to UG's standards now, in what decade was it?

The 80s

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjIA3Rt7gk

yeaaaah boi.

The 2000's has the death of the album though.

Its all singles now, to compensate for people that cant be ****ed/dont have the best internet speed to download a full album.
Quote by JacobTheMe
The 2000's. It has been the greatest decade for music with how easily accessable and easy it is to listen, play, and record music. While most mainstream music isn't "good" to UG's standards now, in what decade was it?

I didn't really think about it that way...
Very close between 70s and 80s. I chose 80s cos 70s bands like Aerosmith were still around, and new amazing bands like the original GnR emerged :P:
Present day because we can listen to all that stuff from the 50s to now. Music is easier to find. A lot of breakthroughs in recording quality and what not. IMO a lot of singers have lyrics I can relate to nowadays then back in like the 60s or so.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I thinks the 70's because it saw the peak of Zeppelin, the start of AC/DC, Queen, Van Halen, Van Halen etc.
The best one was a decade under the influence....

E-cookie for reference.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
IDK how the 80's even comes close, bad hair metal bands and overrated guitarists (with exception to Slash, EVH, maybe a few others that I can't think of)

60's rule, Early 70's with DSOTM and Zepp albums are also fine
Listen to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or whatever you want to listen to.
Dreams/Celestial Voyager (My Band's recording )
Live at Pompeii

Put this in your signature if you think coalition governments in democratic societies are f*cking retarded.
Quote by BrandonC
IDK how the 80's even comes close, bad hair metal bands and overrated guitarists (with exception to Slash, EVH, maybe a few others that I can't think of)

60's rule, Early 70's with DSOTM and Zepp albums are also fine

slash and EVH being an EXCEPTION to overrated guitarists?!?!?
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
Am I the only one who only read DECADE and thought it was some kind of alternate tuning?

I thought that too. I think the 80s where the best. Metallica, Iron Maiden and Megadeth where at their peaks. (Except Rust in Peace)
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
1790. Mozart and Beethoven were both alive and working.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
To me it's a tie between the 70's and 90's. I also love the 80's but due to hair 'metal' I had to go with the 90's. 90's has grunge and amazing alt. rock. The 70's all around were amazing. 00's suck.
Guns n' roses, Speed Metal, Hair Metal, Van Halen.. 80's hands down
DeVillains!
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
Am I the only one who only read DECADE and thought it was some kind of alternate tuning?

After running it through Guitar Pro, I'm disappointed to find out that it sounds like crap
Quote by thanksgiving
The best one was a decade under the influence....

E-cookie for reference.

Taking Back Sunday
Quote by GArrigan
that sir was done with class

Hear the wind
whispering your name
twice the encouragement
of the real you
What, No 30s or 40s?

Ehh 60s then.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|