In William Levitts "Modern Guitar methods"there is a few suggested pages that say READING STUDIES"

Anyways, it says to NOT practice these pages but just to read the notes(and no more than twice in a given practice session) . Is this something that i am doing along with the guitar while i sit and practice "hearing them" in my head OR is the guitar not even involved?

Thanks
I think he means that you are just to sight read them. Those pages aren't for memorization or technique study, play through them and nothing more. In a sense, don't practice the content.
"And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two"
i got confused at the point where it says to just sight read them but then says to play them. I thought that was a bit contradictory. Maybe i should sing them aloud while playing *shrugs*
Quote by Thirdeye85
i got confused at the point where it says to just sight read them but then says to play them. I thought that was a bit contradictory. Maybe i should sing them aloud while playing *shrugs*

Sight-reading doesn't mean just looking at the music, it means playing the music with no or little preparation. So to practise sight reading there is no point learning the piece fully you should just practise it a few times (without stopping or correcting yourself) then move on.
I appreciate it. I really do enjoy this book and i think it's a great tool that's at my disposal. Sometimes I'm wondering if i should be "dissecting" the music, intervals, and so forth or if i should actually be commiting time to Memorizing the pieces.