Hurt recently got signed my "Amusement" record label, after touring for a while on they're own cash from what I know. Anyways, they are to release a new album this year which I am dying for. Here is a link with some more info on it -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye_to_the_Machine

Anyways, are there many other Hurt fans out there as excited as I am?
I wasn't aware of this until now but I must say that i really liked their 2 other albums, particularly how one song flows into another. I did notice though that the track listing has only 9 songs. WTF?

We need more Hurt!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Yeah both albums were great. I think they were originally signed with Virgin Records and Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 were supposed to come out at the same time. Being a new band though Virgin didn't want to take a chance of throwing out a ton of money into a double CD release into a new band and have them fail. My facts aren't really facts, so if I am wrong correct me. Anyways, they decided to make Vol. 1 and had a guy come in and mix the CD for them. They liked it, CD released. They had a new producer or whatever for the Vol. 2 CD and he mixed the CD really poorly. The lead singer apparently had a fit and ended up somehow getting the old guy to return and remix it. I guess the singer actually didn't know it was him again, and for whatever reason they presented a newly mixed CD to him and he liked it. They toured on their own cash and whatnot from what I heard too. Yeah anyways, Vol. 2 is where Vol. 1 left off. House Carpenter and Summers lost have a lot in common if you didn't notice. Hurt is a really talented band with a really interesting background story. Like I said, I am excited for the new album!
Quote by Psychomyth
Yeah both albums were great. I think they were originally signed with Virgin Records and Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 were supposed to come out at the same time. Being a new band though Virgin didn't want to take a chance of throwing out a ton of money into a double CD release into a new band and have them fail. My facts aren't really facts, so if I am wrong correct me. Anyways, they decided to make Vol. 1 and had a guy come in and mix the CD for them. They liked it, CD released. They had a new producer or whatever for the Vol. 2 CD and he mixed the CD really poorly. The lead singer apparently had a fit and ended up somehow getting the old guy to return and remix it. I guess the singer actually didn't know it was him again, and for whatever reason they presented a newly mixed CD to him and he liked it. They toured on their own cash and whatnot from what I heard too. Yeah anyways, Vol. 2 is where Vol. 1 left off. House Carpenter and Summers lost have a lot in common if you didn't notice. Hurt is a really talented band with a really interesting background story. Like I said, I am excited for the new album!

Yeah, i was reading something about that on wiki the other day. It's funny that you mention "House Carpenter" btw... that's my favorite Hurt song.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Cool, thats another cd I'll be getting once it released. The other two albums are brilliant, which is funny because I was quite skeptical about whether to get the first album or because I had only heard rapture up until that point.
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
I love hurt so much.. I got their cds from their site.. The new Wars is awesome! at first I was like... but now im like !!!!

I will take the day off work to just sit at home and listen to that new cd 8390432 times!
A new song from their upcoming album is on their MySpace now. It is unimaginably awesome.