Im building my second and third guitar at the same time and ive decided to do neck through. Im currently a junior with an associates in wood products technology and working on a BAS in wood technology and manufacturing so knowledge on actually building this guitar is good. On my last guitar i built, it was a bolt on neck and a stop tail tune-o-matic bridge and needed a 3 degree neck angle to have proper action hieght. This guitar is going to be neck through with a 2 point trem and my question is, will the neck need to be angled to achieve proper action hieght? And if so what is the standard way of doing this on a neck through guitar?

Machining of the entire guitar will be done on a 5 axis C.R. Onsrud CNC router which is why i can do 2 guitars at the same time with no problem in case you were wondering why i was doing two at the same time.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Use this to calculate it, I'm also making a neck thru that will have a 0 degree's neck with a 13 degree's headstock for adding string tension, i'll have to recess the bridge though.

But you can shave the top of the body and have the neck section higher by a few millimeters and then with the added fretboard height, your looking at a bridge recess that shouldnt be much of a problem.

http://www.tundraman.com/jigs/NeckAngle.CFM
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
is it a floating trem...or a flush mount?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
sweet, thanks
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.