i cant do it, the strings are too loose for me=[ is there a technique or type of pick etc i can use ot make it easier?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

use heavier gauge strings... then they wont be soo loose... or stop playing in drop c?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
make sure your guitar is setup to play in drop C. if its setup properly they wont be so loose.
Quote by z4twenny
make sure your guitar is setup to play in drop C. if its setup properly they wont be so loose.

+1, do that with the gauge you would normally use.

You cant change the guitars tunning or change gauges without a setup
If you're looking into Drop C/D standard as a tuning you'd use more then usally, I'd take your guitar to a shop and either get it setup for low tunings or look up how to set it up for low tunings, also some 11s or 12s help make the strings less floppy.
thanks, i have 10 gauge on at the moment, im gonna get a heavier gauge, and my ibanez is set for drop c

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Yeah, a heavier gauge will probably give you a better sound aswell, especially for drop tunings. Though you may find you prefer 11s/12s in standard aswell, I know I do.
I'd suggest trying a heavier gauge, like the rest of the people in this thread.

But I honestly find that really weird, drop C makes is extremely easy to do everything lol.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
^ Eh I can relate to that actually. I hate loose floppy strings but I like playing in D standard. And I don't like using strings that are too thick either *shrug*