Hey guys, if you don't know it by now, I have a Mesa F-50. Damn I love this amp, but unless I am home alone or practicing with our drummer, I cannot really crank it. Luckily my neighbors are cool and I have got it to noon on the volume knob without the cops being called.

Anyway, thats not really the issue. The issue is just me wanting better tone at lower volumes so since I don't have any cash right now, I figured I can start looking and researching.

I would assume that a Weber Mini MASS 50 watt would be ideal for me. $100 US, highly regarded here and apparently one of the best on the market.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/minimass.htm

True, the F series has a Line out type deal that is usable with headphones, but playing without headphones just isn't the same.

What do you guys think?

(That and I am just kinda bored so I felt like posting...)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think your going to need to get one of the 100 watt ones, which unfortunatly is double the price.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You need to get more than 50w on the attenuator so as not to damage the attenuator or the amp.
Your needs in an attenuator depend on how much you want to drive the amp. An amplifier's wattage tells you how much power it outputs before distortion kicks in. A distorting tube amplifier can actually put out up to double the clean wattage. If you're intending on getting to power tube saturation, you'll definitely need the 100W one.
See, I had a feeling I was going to need the 100 watt one. Anyway, I play mostly modern stuff that doesn't require very much, if any, power tube saturation. I just like the way the amp sounds once the master volume is past about 9 or 10 o'clock, but that is too loud for certain applications....hm...so the 100 watter you say...I'll look into it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
you don't need a 100 watt if you never crank the volume pass 12'o clock. just keep it below that and the lower wattage version should do fine.
Hmm, maybe I will send Weber an email since I am just going to be using it for volume management more than trying to get power tube saturation.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Let us know what the tell you, I am interested in finding out if I can use a 50 watt one on my Palomino v50
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by kckyle
you don't need a 100 watt if you never crank the volume pass 12'o clock. just keep it below that and the lower wattage version should do fine.

Half on volume =/= half wattage
The F50 has a great clean channel. Just get a quality distortion pedal with a level dial for quiet, yet aggressive tones.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION