Hello UG. Me again with a question on AMPS! Ok i so was going through guitar world today and i rolled across a randall amps add. Mike amott has a new signature amp out with randall its called the V2 Ninja and i looked down and theres a little combo version of it. I dont exactly need a half stack since i mostly do little gigs and stuff so i can mic my amp up and for home practise. i was looking for an upgrade from my spider 2. I love mike amotts tone and i wanna go hear these amps for myself. But for now i look on the low down on these. i was reading on the randall website and it said something about it being hybrid. a tube power section then solidstate pre amp or something. http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/xl/v2ninja.asp thats the link to the amps info. Any info would be great.
Cheers
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

same as the G3 series (which I have one of)
Single tube in the preamp section, they sound really good
would you recommend them?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

ALSO get to let you know, for a fact, hes actually using a 6505/VHT mix in his rig as of right now for shows. So hes just endorsing the randal V2, not actually using them. at shows the randall might be on stage and have a "mic" on it but its not on. backstage they have a 6505/VHT mix rack of those two amps.
just thought i should let you know. why not instead get a 6505 combo, i know theres gonna be a 1X12 combo and there is already a 2X12 combo.
Last edited by convictionless at Jan 22, 2009,
I'm pretty sure he's using a randall rm100 with the blackface and 2 ultra xl modules, although it wouldn't surprise me if he switched to a vht/6505 set up.

Also I think the randall v2xm ninjamabob has a solid state pre amp and a tube preamp so you can switch between the two. It's kinda different than the g3 series. They're are alot of other high gain amps in that price range so if you're gonna spend that much then try out as many amps as you can.

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/xl/v2ninja.asp
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
ok thanks ive tried the 6505 combo but really it weighs a million pounds and for home practise i cant even put my friends at 1. its a beast but its way too much power. i love the tone though
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

The V2 Ninja actually has a full tube preamp section, and a preamp tube driven SS Mosfet power section. There's a reason why the head is 400 watts. Because the powersection is SS.
These amps are capable of very aggressive, warm high gain metal tones.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i dont need a stack lol just to reinforce that. im still saving but i just wanna you know go and check stuff out and i saw that combo so i wanted to check it out. i dont need something that would blow the doors off my house lol. i do have to respect the other people living in my house and their personal health .
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

spider, there is a 6505 combo amp coming out and its a 1X12 and it should be pretty cheap and it would be perfect for you.
theres a 1X12 coming out? any dates set for release? you know any links or info, prices on it? im actually very excited now lol thanks
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by rockdan101
I'm pretty sure he's using a randall rm100 with the blackface and 2 ultra xl modules, although it wouldn't surprise me if he switched to a vht/6505 set up.

Also I think the randall v2xm ninjamabob has a solid state pre amp and a tube preamp so you can switch between the two. It's kinda different than the g3 series. They're are alot of other high gain amps in that price range so if you're gonna spend that much then try out as many amps as you can.

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/xl/v2ninja.asp

It's exactly the same as the regular V2, and yes, he's using the all tube MTS series now, as opposed to the hybrid V series
You could achieve the same sound really with an RM50 with a Blackface and Ultra XL, then a TS for lead boosts
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 22, 2009,
the V2 is made for metal. It is one hell of an amp if your into metal, has great a great tone