I have one that i use to go guitar ----switch ---- combo A
----combo B

I was wondering, if i could do head A----------switch-----------both heads to one cab
head B-----------

my cab only has 1 input
is that possible, if you dont understand my ****ty attempt at a digaram lol

i want to do head A into the switch, head B into the switch (the a/b outputs), and then have the input go into a cab

im pretty sure its not possible, im thinking because of the way the electricity flows through the wires( i know nothing about electronics) so i guess if i cant do that what could i do,

only one head would be playing at a time, so i m not trying to do like a stereo rig or anything lol, i just want one to be used at a time
It's possible to wire two heads to one cab, but you'd need to wire a dummy load so that the amp that isn't currently going into the cab doesn't blow itself up.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by -Collapse-
It's possible to wire two heads to one cab, but you'd need to wire a dummy load so that the amp that isn't currently going into the cab doesn't blow itself up.

how would i go about doing this?
if you have a stereo cab you can run each head into half of the speakers no problem

to use all of the speakers and switch between 2 heads requires a super expensive amp switch

if zachman5150 wasnt banned im sure he'd post lots of pics of the stuff you need
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
An attenuator would work as a dummy load, but It seems like more cost than is worth it just to have two amps and one cab.
You'd be better off buying another cab and just splitting the guitar's input with a switch into each amp, with the money you'd have to spend of an attenuator that you'd only be using as a dummy load.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if you have a stereo cab you can run each head into half of the speakers no problem

to use all of the speakers and switch between 2 heads requires a super expensive amp switch

if zachman5150 wasnt banned im sure he'd post lots of pics of the stuff you need

allright lol, what kinda switch?

Quote by -Collapse-
An attenuator would work as a dummy load, but It seems like more cost than is worth it just to have two amps and one cab.
You'd be better off buying another cab and just splitting the guitar's input with a switch into each amp, with the money you'd have to spend of an attenuator that you'd only be using as a dummy load.

aw christ lol, is there anything else that i could use thats maybe cheaper than an attenuator?
Last edited by eberg2 at Jan 22, 2009,