well i wanted to know if anyone knows of a good gauge and or brand for C tuning but i might also go to D and to B. also i might buy a load of singles but i want 11-56 what should i have inbetween?
thanks
Jackson RX10D
Gibson Baldwin SG
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 (With the Matching Cab )
yeah i i've used beefys before but was looking for something a bit different and yes i do need a new amp
Jackson RX10D
Gibson Baldwin SG
Marshall MG30DFX
I use D'Addario Heavy Bottom, Medium Tops...not sure of the gauges right off hand. I keep them on the guitars I use for Drop C and Drop B
Heavy bottom skinny top - Ernie Ball.

I put those things on my shcecter and that **** if ****ing metal!!!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
10-52's for Drop C, possibly Drop B. I have 12's strung for Drop B and C standard tunings.

Thats what i've found to work best in the past.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
10-52's for Drop C, possibly Drop B. I have 12's strung for Drop B and C standard tunings.

Thats what i've found to work best in the past.

10-52s are good for Drop C, but you will need something heavier if you're going any lower IMO. I use 10-52s and they are extremely floppy in B.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I believe all strings are made of metal (excluding the nylon ones that are used on classical guitars).

As for gauge and brand - it is all preference. In my opinion there really is no difference between brands but as far as gauge you will just have to experiment and find something you like.
thanks for the responses has anyone used or even heard of Curt Managan coz they do a set 11-15-20-36w-48-56 so i was thinking using ernie ball singles in this gauge
Jackson RX10D
Gibson Baldwin SG
Marshall MG30DFX