nice simple and heavy. a little repetative but over all not bad. are you responsible for this?
yea i am i recorded every instrument myself and did the mixing myself too,

if you liked that listen to this, and please tell me what you think, any criticism is very appreciated

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/13/377101/halfway%20to%20hollywood%203.m4a.ff.mp3
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
Death metal (sounds amazing through bass amp)
ibanez weeping demon
the second one was good. i liked the chords and the harmony you made and i loved the tone of the lead guitar. it had an airy feel to it and i think it was mixed very well. good job
I gotta be honest, the guitars sound way too fizzy. they sound like a box of coco-pops being shaken hard. also, the guitarists are pretty loose, theres parts where left and right aren't in time with each other. i''l transfer this too the studio machine later and have a listen through the monitors to get a better idea and i'll report back.
Quote by TheDriller
I gotta be honest, the guitars sound way too fizzy. they sound like a box of coco-pops being shaken hard. also, the guitarists are pretty loose, theres parts where left and right aren't in time with each other. i''l transfer this too the studio machine later and have a listen through the monitors to get a better idea and i'll report back.

alright let me know what you find please,
and if you could, take a listen to this one

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/13/377101/halfway%20to%20hollywood%203.m4a
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by Themilkmaker
the second one was good. i liked the chords and the harmony you made and i loved the tone of the lead guitar. it had an airy feel to it and i think it was mixed very well. good job

thanks man
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
In the first one:

The bass guitar could do with turning up since you can't really hear it when everything comes in.

The bass drum is waaay too punchy. Sounds like its peaking a lot. I can barely hear the hihat. The snare sounds ok, it's the best part of the drum mix by far.

The drumming is really messy. Same with the guitars.

I don't like the tone of the guitars it sounds really fuzzy, I think there is too much reverb on them.

The lead tone is good.

In the second:

I like the clean sound on the guitars. It sounds tighter overall.

The lead goes out of time in places but it's mostly ok. The tone isn't bad. I think you could have switched the pickups a little for some parts, just for some variation in the sound.

The bass sounds good. Sits just right in the mix I think, maybe could be turned down a smidge.
Ok, just listened to those through the studio setup.

Rattlesnake:
-very fizzy guitars.
-nasty "pumping" effect, probably due to over-compression
-nice snare sound
-very messy performances on the rhythm guitars, needs to tighen up and play in time with each other.
-the kick sounds ok but is too "peaky".
-the overall track seems to have been put through a limiter. "brickwall" limiting is un-cool
-i noticed good phase-correlation, nice

Halfway to Hollywood:
-nice cleans, well done!
-bass seems to sit in just right
-fizzy lead guitar, really fizzy
-the song is too long, the solos sound ok-ish for a while but 9 minutes is far too much, its just not interesting.

Might i ask what your setup is for recording guitar? including typical EQ settings and any compression thats being applied.

when EQing, bear in mind that distorted guitars stop outputing meaningful information beyond around 5khz. rattlesnake sounds like either the tone was super-fizzy to start with or there was a pile of boost applied to the top end. re-evaluate this way of doing things.

overall, not bad really, you'll get there its within throwing distance of being pretty good.
Quote by TheDriller
Ok, just listened to those through the studio setup.

Rattlesnake:
-very fizzy guitars.
-nasty "pumping" effect, probably due to over-compression
-nice snare sound
-very messy performances on the rhythm guitars, needs to tighen up and play in time with each other.
-the kick sounds ok but is too "peaky".
-the overall track seems to have been put through a limiter. "brickwall" limiting is un-cool
-i noticed good phase-correlation, nice

Halfway to Hollywood:
-nice cleans, well done!
-bass seems to sit in just right
-fizzy lead guitar, really fizzy
-the song is too long, the solos sound ok-ish for a while but 9 minutes is far too much, its just not interesting.

Might i ask what your setup is for recording guitar? including typical EQ settings and any compression thats being applied.

when EQing, bear in mind that distorted guitars stop outputing meaningful information beyond around 5khz. rattlesnake sounds like either the tone was super-fizzy to start with or there was a pile of boost applied to the top end. re-evaluate this way of doing things.

overall, not bad really, you'll get there its within throwing distance of being pretty good.

well for halfway im still trying to come up with lyris, so in the mean time i just substitute with a long solo i guess. im pluggin my fender fm65 into a line 6 pod that i connect to my computer, and my eq is 7 on highs, and 8.5 on mids and lows, and my amp does get pretty fuzzy and idk how to clean it up,
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon