Is it possible my zoom pedal ( g2.1u ) is reducin the quality of my amp (laney TFX1)......or do i got some settings all wrong ?
quite possible. that's what happens with lots of lower quality pedals. bad buffers can cause some loss of highs in your signal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
absolutely! many pedals are notorious for signal degradation and bad sound quality.

it doesn't surprise me that you are getting poor results with zoom. i have yet to play something by them that i actually like.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
If you're trying to get pedals that don't tone suck....

Look for the "true-bypass" feature, it means that if you pedal is turned off, it won't color your signal in any way.

Stay away from low quality brands, but keep in mind that many good quality brands have noisy pedals. Test them out at GC or your local shop before buying.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Yes. I have used a Zoom G2 in my pedal board with seven other pedals. Even when the Zoom is off is sucks more tone out of all the other pedals combined. In the off position it also emits a faint high pitched whine in the signal. I like all of the stuff in the pedal; but that is its nature. For the past 4-5 shows I haven't even used it. It is good if you are in a hotel room rockin' out with some headphones or if you want to travel like to practice once in a while. AL
Quote by VisionaryTics
If you're trying to get pedals that don't tone suck....

Look for the "true-bypass" feature, it means that if you pedal is turned off, it won't color your signal in any way.

Stay away from low quality brands, but keep in mind that many good quality brands have noisy pedals. Test them out at GC or your local shop before buying.

I agree, I'll just add on.

..and read about them online from as many different sources as possible.

True bypass can be good, but you'll want to have a couple buffered bypass pedals as well.

True Bypass just means that when the pedal is off, your signal goes directly from the input jack to the output jack, not going through the pedal's circuit altering your tone. (This is a bit more complicated than it seems, I don't really need to go into it).

A pedal with buffered bypass takes the signal through a seperate part of the pedal's circuit which has a "buffer". The buffer regulates your signal by changing it from high impendance to low impendance, and gives it a little boost to allow it to travel through the rest of your wiring (other pedals, to amp etc) more easily.

So be mindful of this - having all True Bypass pedals can degrade your signal, while having all Buffered Bypass can also.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Last edited by xwearesinking at Jan 22, 2009,