I've got a MIM Fender Strat, and its got tuners like these;

I want to buy a set of locking tuners, but i dont wanna buy some and find they dont fit so i have to get a technician to install them... Cos i can't afford that.

For some reason my guitar always drops down to around E flat, all the strings are in tune according to each other, but all of them are down a lot from standard.

I want it to stay in tune

I'm gonna block up the bridge properly (even tho it barely moves) and get some new tuners.

Can someone suggest me some? Hopefully some that are on ebay, as i'd like to use up my paypal balance.

Thanks so much in advance!
1. Tune to Eb
2. Play GnR
3. Profit without ???

I'd go to your local guitar store.

Your guitar is probably set up pretty bad, a well set up guitar doesn't drop flat like that.
Get a 20$ set up before you spend alot more on locking tuners that can make string changing a bitch
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
1. Tune to Eb
2. Play GnR
3. Profit without ???

GnR is some goooooooooooood stuff

I wish my guitar did that.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
A guitar will naturally de-tune as you play it. Do this:

Either block or add an extra spring to your tremolo. Both are easy jobs.

Tug the strings a little bit as you tune, so that you are pulling them tightly on the peg.

Take your guitar to a shop and have them set the intonation. This will help will overall sound and tuning stability. If you've had the guitar for at least a year, it will be need to be set up again.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
1. Tune to Eb
2. Play GnR
3. Profit without ???

Your guitar is probably set up pretty bad, a well set up guitar doesn't drop flat like that.
Get a 20$ set up before you spend alot more on locking tuners that can make string changing a bitch

Making tuning a bitch? You are thinking of a double locking tremolo....

Locking tuners make string changing MUCH easier, MUCH quicker, and tuning stability is improved.

Without annoying anyone, these posts havent helped me at all...

Can anyone point me to some locking tuners that will fit my Strat?
Thanks
Quote by McShredder
Making tuning a bitch? You are thinking of a double locking tremolo....

Locking tuners make string changing MUCH easier, MUCH quicker, and tuning stability is improved.

Without annoying anyone, these posts havent helped me at all...

Can anyone point me to some locking tuners that will fit my Strat?
Thanks

I am thinking about double locking tuners.

But we all want you to have it set-up
I know how to set up a guitar myself lol, i've done all my own stuff, but i dont use this trem, i just wanna block it off, not bothering with another spring, i've done that before and it did the job, but it still didnt stay in tune (granted, it was a squier lol).

The guitar is intonated correctly (give or take half a percent or so), action is nice, sounds great, and i do stretch the strings properly.

I'm NOT a noob here people.

I'm simply asking for someone to point me out to some new hardware.
If you dont want to, or cant answer my question, dont post.
Please.

Not trying to flame here or anything, but i just want a question answered.
Forget it, i'll post in the GG&A.
i think you just need to measure the holes on the headstock. any tuners will say what size they are for, and some even say that they fit either standard or american strats.

EDIT: stuff like this have the fact that it fits american, mexican and japanese strats in the descriptions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Strat-Tele-Chrome-Locking-Tuners-Tuning-Pegs_W0QQitemZ110339466047QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item110339466047&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50