Anybody got in suggestions on a good metal guitar for around $500. Ive always played a strat so something with that type neck and body would be great. Im trying to get into playing sevendust, disturbed, drowning pool and korn but no seven strings so korn maybe out. Also pedals, I use a boss ds-1 and an ibanez ts-9 now which is great for classic rock on my strat but just cant get that heavy sound out of it.
amps a marshall dsl401 combo.
thanks
schecter hellraiser, ltd m series
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
why not get a Dean VMNT only about 300 dollars, and are quite reliable for a low end
Dean, i tried one once at guitar center, but, i was looking for a 7 string so i passed it up for a different guitar around the same price. might wnat to check it out though. or a Dean Razorback DB or an ML
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
the search bar is a great metal guitar
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
the search bar is a great metal guitar

your face is a good metal guitar
There are a lot of great choices out there made by Ibanez, LTD, Jackson, and Schecter - and even Fender, you could get a Fat or Double Fat Strat to keep the Fender feel with the added gain of humbuckers - so I'll just advise you to look at specs more than shape. Especially in the cases of Dean and BC Rich, too much money goes into the design and/or celebrity endorsement, leaving you with an agathis or basswood guitar made in Indonesia or China, competing against other brands' mahogany or alder, Korean or Japanese-built guitars.
Quote by jkielq91
your face is a good metal guitar

no it isn't, strings are incredibly difficult to put on it

jk, I have an Ibanex rg370dx and it's good for metal.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Schecter Omen Extreme's are very nice, good versatility with the coil taps, and you can get them with and without a floyd and they're easy to upgrade later.

The regular Omen 6's and 006 deluxes aren't too shabby either, good places to start for under $500 anyways.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by BigRob91
schecter hellraiser, ltd m series

If you can find me a new hellraiser for under $500 please let me know!!! I need a second one as a backup
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6