My birthday is coming up and my mom wants to help me pay for a Fender Wolfgang.

I'm really interested in this guitar and I'm curious to see what other people think. I'm not sure if it's been released yet, but it should be out this month.

It's a new guitar from Eddie Van Halen and I guess it's named after his son. Van Halen has always been my fav band so it will be pretty cool to have the official guitar he is currently using.

It seems to be a really nice guitar and from the videos I have seen it seems to play very well.

Any thoughts? any reasons not to get it?
A bit pricey no?
As horlicks said, I'd rather get an EB Axis, that or find an old peavey wolfgang on ebay or something, but if you can afford the new Fender one, go for it if you want.
Do it if you want it, but in that price range it would be irresponsible to not try out other guitars that are priced similarly. Like a PRS, or a Vigier.
I have to say that the white one looks awesome, but make sure to give it a thorough try before buying it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I personally like the looks of the Peavey better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Unless you're loaded, or a serious musician, I would look elsewhere. I'm sure its an amazing guitar, but you can get some killer ones in the 1000-1500 dollar range. Or you could use some of that money and get a great amp as well.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd rather get an Ernie Ball Axis.

^this
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
If you're going to pay that much money, I'd recommend going custom at Carvin, or similar.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
if you want a guitar JUST like that, want that guitar just because of van halen, just know that it's 99.99% the EXACT guitar of the peavey HP special. just one grand more because of his name on it. i'd really go with the peavey or music man axis. if you want a cheaper alternative you can get the OLP version as well.
Quote by Chad11491
if you want a guitar JUST like that, want that guitar just because of van halen, just know that it's 99.99% the EXACT guitar of the peavey HP special. just one grand more because of his name on it. i'd really go with the peavey or music man axis. if you want a cheaper alternative you can get the OLP version as well.

You obviously didn't read the article in the latest guitar world.

98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
You obviously didn't read the article in the latest guitar world.

you OBVIOUSLY need to realize that sometimes magazines are paid to write favorable reviews....and anyway, they were just talking about how it was SOOO AMAZING....so yeah..there's like 2% difference
The Guitar World article looks cool. I like the white one.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.